Find Max Function g: $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$

In summary, the conversation revolved around a function with a maximum value of $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$ and the question of whether the speaker's findings were correct. The response confirmed that they were right.
evinda
Gold Member
MHB
Hello! (Wave)

We are given the function $g: \mathbb{R}^{2016} \to \mathbb{R}$ with $g(y)=\sqrt{10 y_1^2 + 10^2 y_2^2+ \dots+ 10^{2016} y_{2016}^2} where y=(y_1, \dots, y_{2016})$.

I have found that the maximum of this function over the set $\{ y=(y_1, \dots, y_{2016}) \in \mathbb{R}^{2016}: \sum_{i=1}^{2016} y_i^2=1\}$ is $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$. Am I right? (Thinking)

Physics news on Phys.org
evinda said:
Hello! (Wave)

We are given the function $g: \mathbb{R}^{2016} \to \mathbb{R}$ with $g(y)=\sqrt{10 y_1^2 + 10^2 y_2^2+ \dots+ 10^{2016} y_{2016}^2} where y=(y_1, \dots, y_{2016})$.

I have found that the maximum of this function over the set $\{ y=(y_1, \dots, y_{2016}) \in \mathbb{R}^{2016}: \sum_{i=1}^{2016} y_i^2=1\}$ is $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$. Am I right? (Thinking)

Yep. You're right! (Nod)

I like Serena said:
Yep. You're right! (Nod)

Great... Thank you! (Clapping)

Related to Find Max Function g: $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$

What is the purpose of the "Find Max Function" in this context?

The "Find Max Function" is a mathematical function that is used to determine the maximum value of a given set of numbers or a mathematical expression. In this context, it is being applied to the expression $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$ to find its maximum value.

How does the "Find Max Function" work?

The "Find Max Function" works by evaluating the given expression at different values and comparing the results to determine the maximum value. In this case, the function will plug in various values for $x$ in the expression $\sqrt{x}$ and find the value of $x$ that produces the largest result.

What is the significance of using $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$ in this context?

The expression $\sqrt{10^{2016}}$ represents a very large number, specifically 10 to the power of 2016. By finding the maximum value of this expression, we can determine the largest possible value that can be obtained by taking the square root of a number with 2016 digits.

What is the difference between "Find Max Function" and "Max Function"?

The "Find Max Function" is a specific mathematical function used to find the maximum value of a given expression, while "Max Function" is a general term that can refer to any function or method used to find the maximum value in a set of numbers or data.

Can the "Find Max Function" be applied to other mathematical expressions?

Yes, the "Find Max Function" can be applied to any mathematical expression or function to find its maximum value. It is a versatile tool that can be used in various fields of science and mathematics.