Get data from Simpack Post channels

• Thread starter stefanxfg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data
In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of automating the process of obtaining result data from Simpack Post. While it is easy to extract data from diagrams and import them to Excel, the person was looking for a way to extract data by choosing specific result channels. They gave an example of wanting to extract maximum force data from multiple sensors and putting it into an Excel table. They have researched scripting facilities but have not found a satisfactory solution yet. Their goal is to directly obtain and analyze specific force data from simulations and input it into an Excel file.
stefanxfg
Hello. I would like to automate the process of getting result data from Simpack Post. It is easy to extract data from Simpack Post diagrams to txt-files and import to excel. But is there a way to extract data by choosing Simpack result chanels or generally of chanels?

For example, when I define 10 sensors for measurement of acceleration, forces in different load cases. I would like to extract maximum data values from all chosen chanels and put into excel table.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello Stephan, ##\qquad## :welcome: ##\qquad## !

I would be surprised if there's nothing to be found in their scripting facilities

In good old PF fashion, I expect you did some research of your own, before posting ?

Hello. First of all, thanks for your greetings.

Yes i have searched for scripting facilities. But i am not satisfied or not well informed by the official help of SIMPACK.

I have already found out some ways for automated solving of load cases and also for automated extracting of txt-files for diagrams of results. But i have to prepare a simpack post file with respected diagrams and results chanals.

My aim is to get the results of force output chanals or result chanals directly. For example running train on curved track with PSD for track irregularity and i can analyse the lateral and / or vertical wheel forces directly and put the results to excel file. MAybe the minimum or maximum force along the track.

Related to Get data from Simpack Post channels

1. How do I access data from Simpack Post channels?

To access data from Simpack Post channels, you will first need to create a post-processing project in Simpack. Once you have created the project, you can use the "Post Channel" tool to select the desired data and save it in a text file.

2. Can I export data from Simpack Post channels to other software?

Yes, you can export data from Simpack Post channels to other software such as MATLAB or Excel. You can use the "Export" tool in Simpack Post to save the data in a format that is compatible with your desired software.

3. How do I plot data from Simpack Post channels?

To plot data from Simpack Post channels, you can use the "Plot" tool in Simpack Post. This tool allows you to select the desired channels and plot them in a graph. You can also customize the plot by changing the axis labels, colors, and other settings.

4. What types of data can I get from Simpack Post channels?

Simpack Post channels can provide a wide range of data, including displacements, velocities, accelerations, forces, and moments. You can also get data from specific nodes or elements in your simulation model.

5. Can I get data from Simpack Post channels during a simulation?

Yes, you can get data from Simpack Post channels during a simulation by using the "Real-time" tool. This tool allows you to monitor and record data from selected channels while the simulation is running. You can also set triggers to save data when certain conditions are met.