Silvaco Atlas Syntax question - area from curve

In summary, the code provided includes a solve command, followed by a save command that saves the solution in a file named "ganfetex01_$'index'.str". The first EXTRACT statement creates its own data to work with from the saved file, and the second EXTRACT statement integrates the electron concentration from x=0 to x=0.5 and saves this value in a variable named "2DEG". The purpose of the impurity in "impurity="Electron Conc"" is to specify the type of impurity being integrated. To integrate over (y=0, y=0.5) along the cutline x=0.5, the code would need to be modified. The integration result "
GaNHEMT
I have a several questions on the following block of codes taken from ganfetex01_aux.in:

Code:
solve
save outf="ganfetex01_$'index'.str"
extract init inf="ganfetex01_$'index'.str"
extract name="2DEG" 1e-4 * area from curve (depth, impurity="Electron Conc" material="All" mat.occno=1 x.val=0.5) \
                         where x.min=0 and x.max=0.5 outfile="extract.dat"

My understanding is that this code saves the solution in a file named "ganfetex01_$'index'.str", then the first EXTRACT statement create its own data to work with from the saved file. The second EXTRACT statement integrates the electron concentration from x=0 to x=0.5, and save this value in a variable named "2DEG".

Questions:
1. My understanding is that x.val sets the cutline, and the integration is over (x.min=0, x.max=0.5). Is that correct? I am confused since x.val would set the cutline along the y direction, but the integration is over the ranges of x. Shouldn't the integration be over the range of y values? Where is this exactly integrating?

2. What should I do if I want to integrate over (y=0, y=0.5) along the cutline x=0.5?

3. what is the purpose of impurity in "impurity="Electron Conc"? I get that it is integrating the electron concentration, but why impurity=?

4. Where can I check the integration result "2DEG"? I thought this would be saved in "extract.dat", but "extract.dat" file saves electron concentration vs. Depth information. For example, Electron Conc vs Depth 0 4e-7 0.0025 4e3 0.005 2e19 . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Try the Silvaco site.
click on the search icon at right end of the red banner
enter: user manual
if you get a drop-down with just a few results, click the last line of the dropdown, that should get you a list of over 200 search results

Have Fun!
Tom

Likes GaNHEMT and berkeman