Good books on superclusters and voids?

• Thread starter whirlpoolm51
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a good book on various topics related to galaxy clusters, dark matter, superclusters, and voids. The individual has not been able to find a suitable book, but has come across a book from the Scientific American library which they are hesitant to purchase. They are looking for a book that provides equations, data, and in-depth study on these subjects, rather than just a general overview. However, it is mentioned that such a book may not yet exist due to the active nature of these topics.
whirlpoolm51
good books on superclusters and voids??

I have been searching for a good undergraduate to advanced level book on galaxy clusters , dark matter , superclusters and voids and I have yet to find any.

I have found however the scientific American library book " the dark matter and cosmic web story" but I am hesitant to purchase it is expensive and I do not know if it is more of an historical book or a book for study.

I am looking for a good book that will give me the equations , data and necessary study on the subjects. Not just an overview of the subject for the lay person.

I was really looking for studies on the sloan great wall super cluster , voids , the cosmic web ( large scale structure ) just basically what the title of the thread states.

Space news on Phys.org
It's quite likely such a book does not exist. It takes time to write one, and these are all subjects of active study. Interested people are reading journals at this stage, not books.

Related to Good books on superclusters and voids?

1. What are superclusters and voids?

Superclusters and voids are large-scale structures in the universe that are made up of groups and clusters of galaxies. Superclusters are regions of space where galaxies are densely packed together, while voids are regions where there are few or no galaxies present.

2. Why are superclusters and voids important in understanding the universe?

Superclusters and voids provide valuable information about the structure and evolution of the universe. They can give us clues about the distribution of matter and the forces that shape the universe, such as gravity and dark energy.

3. What are some good books that explain superclusters and voids?

Some good books on superclusters and voids include "The Supercluster and Void of the Universe" by Joe Silk, "The Cosmic Web: Mysterious Architecture of the Universe" by J. Richard Gott, and "The Void: The Strange Physics of Nothing" by Frank Close.

4. How do scientists study superclusters and voids?

Scientists use a variety of techniques to study superclusters and voids, including galaxy surveys, computer simulations, and measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation. They also use telescopes and other instruments to observe and analyze the distribution of galaxies in the universe.

5. What can we learn from studying superclusters and voids?

Studying superclusters and voids can help us better understand the origins and evolution of the universe. It can also provide insights into the nature of dark matter and dark energy, and how these mysterious forces influence the growth and structure of the universe.