Guidelines for Posting on Physics and Astronomy Forum

• Thread starter Dillion Cottrill
  • Start date
In summary, when posting on a physics and astronomy forum, it is important to follow certain guidelines. This includes providing clear and accurate information, avoiding personal attacks or offensive language, and citing sources when necessary. Additionally, engaging in respectful and constructive discussions with other members of the forum fosters a positive and informative environment. It is also important to adhere to the forum's rules and regulations to ensure a smooth and productive experience for all members. By following these guidelines, one can effectively contribute to the forum and learn from others in the field of physics and astronomy.
Dillion Cottrill
Hello everyone! I was told to create a new member post. I am interested in Quantum Computing, and I have experience in Astronomy. I'm an undergrad working toward a physics and math degree.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Dillion! :smile:

Likes Dillion Cottrill
Looking forward to using this Forum in the future, I'm taking Electromagnetism and Analytical Mechanics next semester. What kind of stuff do people use this forum for?

The New Member Introductions forum is mainly for brief introductory posts. If you have schoolwork type questions, please post in the Homework Help forums, and fill out the Homework Help Template that you are provided when starting a new thread in the schoolwork forums. Please be sure to fill out the sections on the Relevant Equations, and show your Attempt at a Solution. If you do that, you will get good tutorial help on your schoolwork questions here.

If you have a technical question about your work, or general technical questions, do a forum search to see if it has been discussed already, and if not, start a new thread in the appropriate technical forum. Please always post links to the reading you have been doing about your question -- that helps us to see where you are in your exploration of the subject.

There is more helpful info for how to post, etc., at the top of the page, under INFO, Help/How-To. Enjoy! :smile: