Have you tried the Stone Wall Attack in chess?

• Thread starter Andrew Bailey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    introduction
In summary, the Stone Wall Attack in chess is a strategic move where the player builds a strong defensive line of pawns in the center of the board. This tactic can be effective in controlling the center of the board and limiting the opponent's movements, but it also requires careful planning and can leave some of the player's pieces vulnerable. Overall, the Stone Wall Attack is a powerful maneuver that can be a valuable addition to a player's arsenal in a chess game.
Andrew Bailey
Hello everyone at Physics Forums,

My name is Andrew; I'm an undergraduate student currently pursuing my B.S. in mathematics. While pure mathematics is my main area of interest, I've gained an immense appreciation of physics as I've been self-educating myself with Feynman's lectures and a few other physics books; in fact, I now plan on minoring in physics due to my new found appreciation of the subject.

Aside from math and physics, I enjoy running both for exercise and the fun of it. I also help coach and run a non-profit fencing club, which is a lot of fun; for anyone with fencing knowledge, I'm mostly an epeeist. As for weird and nerdy stuff, I'm a huge MST3K fan, so I enjoy watching hilariously bad sci-fi and horror movies, both from past to present. Watching Family Feud also seems to be a strange pastime of mine that I can't fully explain, but it seems to relax me when I'm overloaded with math. When I have time, I'm also a Chess enthusiast, who needs to spend more time working on the fundamentals of the game, instead of studying exotic openings :biggrin:.

In finishing this post, this site looks like it will be a great community to learn and discuss physics and math; it's wonderful how these forums offer people, of all skill levels, lots of great resources for learning.

Andrew

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Andrew Bailey said:
I'm also a Chess enthusiast, who needs to spend more time working on the fundamentals of the game, instead of studying exotic openings :biggrin:.

Hi Andrew,
I have been studying chess with a friend of mine that is ranked here in Montana for about a year now. He's a good club player (1850) and crazy good at defense and working for a draw.
Anyway... Wanted to drop in with an opening I recently discovered called the Stone Wall Attack. Not an ideal opening but if you are playing at club level it can really throw a wrench in the gears of an experienced player. We tend to get comfortable with the standard openings and this is a fun diversion. I beat my friend 3 out of 5 games the first time I used it!
And welcome to PF.