Hello (particularly interested in Neutrinos)

• Thread starter StainofHearts
  • Start date
In summary, Neutrinos are tiny, electrically neutral particles that are able to pass through matter without any interactions. They are created through various processes, such as radioactive decay and nuclear reactions, and are constantly traveling through space. Scientists are particularly interested in studying Neutrinos because they can provide valuable insights into the origins and composition of the universe. They are also being used in experiments to better understand the properties of matter and potentially discover new physics beyond the Standard Model. Despite being elusive and difficult to detect, Neutrinos have the potential to unlock many mysteries of the universe and continue to fascinate researchers.
StainofHearts
How did you find PF?
Via Google search.
I’m a high-school Grad. trying to learn more about Neutrinos, Anti-Neutrinos, Right handed vs Left handedness, and what makes them neutral.

I’m also trying to reaffirm some “facts” that I think I read somewhere, but may have dreamed up. Either way, I’d like to know what the scientific consensus is.

I’ll probably be around reading and asking questions in inappropriate threads.

If there’s anything interesting about said subjects or the “weak interaction,” PM me.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

You can use the search facility to look for threads on the weak interaction. Or, ask a question in the "High Energy ... Particle Physics" forum.

Likes StainofHearts