What are the interests and aspirations of a Scottish Astrophysics student?

• Thread starter HydrogenBurns
  • Start date
In summary, a Scottish Astrophysics student is typically interested in studying the physical and chemical properties of celestial objects, such as stars, planets, and galaxies. They are driven by a passion for understanding the mysteries of the universe and often have a strong background in mathematics and physics. Aspirations of a Scottish Astrophysics student may include conducting research, contributing to groundbreaking discoveries, and pursuing a career in academia or industry. They may also have a desire to inspire others and promote a greater appreciation for the wonders of space.
HydrogenBurns
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Hi everyone, I'm Thomas, a second year Astrophysics student from Scotland. I'm mostly here to read interesting threads, discuss cool concepts, and generally learn.

At present I'm just working my way through my Integrated Masters degree (just straight to postgrad) but after that I am looking to attempt a PhD in Astrophysics. I got to learn a lot more though.

Outside my studies I am heavily involved in music, playing in my university wind band (feel free to talk about that with me I love talking about music), and with Scottish Country Dance (which if you don't know what it is you should really look into it because it's a lot of fun), and with the more typical nerdy things like video games and building computers.

I'd love to get to know you guys so feel free to drop anything below and I'll try and respond!

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: