Help , display tempareture using lcd

• Thread starter ecestar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lcd
In summary: E = 1; E = 0; // Send low 4 bits of command D4 = (cmd & 0x01); D5 = (cmd & 0x02) >> 1; D6 = (cmd & 0x04) >> 2; D7 = (cmd & 0x08) >> 3; E = 1; E = 0;}// Send data to LCDvoid lcd_data(unsigned char data){ RS = 1; // Send high 4 bits of data D4 = (data & 0x10) >> 4; D5 = (data & 0x20
ecestar
hi

i want to display tempareture using lcd and microcontroll i am finshed
convert this tempareture to frequancy to send it and then receive this frequancy and
each tempareture have one frequncy
the frequancy is the out put from the receiver to the microcontroll
now i want to show this result on the lcd

at example in 2khz input the output on the lcd is (25)
in 2.5khz input the output on the lcd is (30)

so i want code to make that using c language

the type of microcontroll is p89c668 (8051)
the type of lcd ( pc1602f)so i want help about that

Physics news on Phys.org
codeBelow is a basic example of how to display temperature readings on an LCD using C language and the P89C668 (8051) microcontroller.# include <at89x51.h>#include <stdio.h>#include <string.h>// Define port pins connected to LCDsbit RS = P2^0; sbit E = P2^1; sbit D4 = P2^2; sbit D5 = P2^3; sbit D6 = P2^4; sbit D7 = P2^5; // Function prototypesvoid lcd_init(void);void lcd_command(unsigned char);void lcd_data(unsigned char);void lcd_string(char *);// Main programvoid main(){ // Initialize LCD lcd_init(); // Set LCD cursor to beginning of first line lcd_command(0x80); // Read temperature from sensor int temp = read_temp_sensor(); // Convert temperature to string char temp_str[5]; snprintf(temp_str, 5, "%d", temp); // Print temperature on LCD lcd_string("Temperature: "); lcd_string(temp_str); }// Initialize LCDvoid lcd_init(){ // Set LCD pins as outputs RS = 0; E = 0; D4 = 0; D5 = 0; D6 = 0; D7 = 0; // Send initialization sequence lcd_command(0x38); lcd_command(0x0E); lcd_command(0x01);}// Send command to LCDvoid lcd_command(unsigned char cmd){ RS = 0; // Send high 4 bits of command D4 = (cmd & 0x10) >> 4; D5 = (cmd & 0x20) >> 5; D6 = (cmd & 0x40) >> 6; D7 = (cmd & 0x80) >>

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out for help with displaying temperature using an LCD and microcontroller. This is a common task in the field of electronics and can be easily accomplished with the right knowledge and tools.

Firstly, you will need to gather all the necessary components for this project, including the LCD (pc1602f) and the microcontroller (p89c668). You will also need a temperature sensor, such as a thermistor or a digital temperature sensor, to measure the temperature.

Next, you will need to write a code in C language for the microcontroller to read the temperature from the sensor and convert it into a frequency. This can be done by using a formula or lookup table to map the temperature values to corresponding frequencies.

Once you have the frequency value, you can send it to the LCD to display it. This can be done by using the appropriate pins on the microcontroller to communicate with the LCD. You will also need to write a code for the LCD to interpret the frequency value and display it in the desired format.

I would suggest researching and studying the datasheets of the microcontroller and LCD to understand their pin configurations and communication protocols. You can also refer to online tutorials and forums for guidance and support in writing the code.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project!

Related to Help , display tempareture using lcd

1. How can I display temperature using an LCD?

To display temperature using an LCD, you will need a temperature sensor and an LCD screen. The temperature sensor will detect the temperature and send the data to a microcontroller, which will then send the information to the LCD screen for display.

2. What type of temperature sensor is best for displaying temperature on an LCD?

The type of temperature sensor you use will depend on your specific needs and project requirements. Some popular options include thermistors, thermocouples, and digital temperature sensors. It is important to choose a sensor that is compatible with your microcontroller and can accurately detect the temperature range you need.

3. How can I ensure the accuracy of the temperature displayed on the LCD?

To ensure accuracy, it is important to calibrate your temperature sensor and regularly check for any environmental factors that may affect the readings. Additionally, using a high-quality sensor and proper wiring techniques can also help improve accuracy.

4. Can I display temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit on the LCD?

Yes, you can display temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit on an LCD. This can be achieved by using a microcontroller with an integrated temperature sensor that can convert the temperature readings to both units and send the data to the LCD screen accordingly.

5. Are there any precautions I should take when using an LCD to display temperature?

Some precautions to take when using an LCD to display temperature include ensuring proper wiring and power supply, regularly checking for accuracy, and protecting the sensor and screen from any potential damage. It is also important to choose a suitable temperature range for your sensor to avoid any potential errors or malfunctions.