Help Needed: Preparing for End-of-Semester Math Exam

• MHB
  • Thread starter nacho-man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, the conversation is about a student looking for practice exams with solutions to prepare for an upcoming end of semester exam. The student expresses frustration with the lack of available practice questions and requests help from others. They also mention a previous exam and ask for clarification on a specific question involving complex numbers.
nacho-man
Hey guys.
I am not sure if thread abides by the rules, I understand we're a mathhelpboard so feel free to remove the thread if it violates anything.

I am looking for practice exams with solutions in preparation for an upcoming end of semester exam in 30 days and was hoping someone could help me out?

Our math faculty only uploads 2 exams, 1 of which doesn't get uploaded with any solutions.
I learn best by doing a variety of questions and that isn't so much available to me, as the exams are harder than textbook questions.

So if anyone could help me out with exams with worked solutions, that would be fantastic.

I have attached a copy of a previous exam for you to get the gist of what sort of work we do. (I literally cannot do any questions so far :( surely this is considered a difficult exam?)

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• mth3020.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 65
Physics news on Phys.org
For the first question, namely compute $i^{1+i}$, how were powers of complex numbers by complex exponent defined? What do you know about complex logarithm?

I find it difficult to believe that you can do nothing from this exam. Did you attend any lectures or take any notes? There is no reason why you can't study with your notes next to you. It's better to at least ATTEMPT the problems BEFORE saying you can't do any of it...

Related to Help Needed: Preparing for End-of-Semester Math Exam

1. What are some effective study strategies for preparing for a math exam?

Some effective study strategies for preparing for a math exam include practicing regularly, reviewing notes and previous assignments, seeking help from a tutor or teacher, and creating study guides or flashcards.

2. How should I prioritize my studying for multiple exams during the end-of-semester crunch?

It is important to prioritize your studying by focusing on the concepts or topics that you struggle with the most. It may also be helpful to break up your studying into smaller chunks and prioritize the exams based on their weight on your overall grade.

3. Is it better to study alone or with a group for a math exam?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and learning style. Some students may benefit from studying alone and going at their own pace, while others may find it helpful to study with a group and discuss concepts and problems together.

4. How can I manage test anxiety during the end-of-semester math exam?

To manage test anxiety during the end-of-semester math exam, it may be helpful to practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or visualization. It is also important to have a positive mindset and remind yourself that you have prepared and are capable of doing well.

5. What resources are available to help me prepare for the end-of-semester math exam?

There are many resources available to help you prepare for the end-of-semester math exam, such as online practice problems, study guides, tutoring services, and review sessions offered by your teacher or school. It is important to take advantage of these resources and seek help if needed.