How can self-study in theoretical physics enhance a civil engineering education?

• Thread starter CE_112837
  • Start date
In summary, self-study in theoretical physics can greatly enhance a civil engineering education by providing a deeper understanding of fundamental concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism. This knowledge can be applied to solve complex engineering problems and design innovative solutions. Additionally, self-studying theoretical physics can improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential for success in the field of civil engineering. It also allows for a more interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving, as engineers can draw upon principles from physics to supplement their engineering knowledge. Overall, self-study in theoretical physics can greatly benefit civil engineering students and lead to a more well-rounded and versatile education.
CE_112837
I am currently at my 4th year in Civil Engineering, I am 20 years old, I do a self study in theoretical physics, astrophysics and relativity since it's not part of our curriculum so I had no choice but to study on my own. I hope we can help each other by sharing knowledge and information.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!