How to make a customized pressure cooker?

In summary, the speaker is seeking ideas on how to create a pressure cooker for cooking rice that can hold 30 to 50 liters of water and accommodate cooking for 100 to 500 people. They are advised to be cautious as a mistake could result in damage to their kitchen and potential liability. The speaker also suggests using a steamer as an alternative option.
velraman
I just want to make a pressure cooker for rice cooking with variable liters on demand changing.

Can you give me some ideas how to make it ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Screw that up and youll blow a hole in your kitchen wall. Why not just buy one? Theyre around $50.

DS2C said:
Screw that up and youll blow a hole in your kitchen wall. Why not just buy one? Theyre around $50.
I want to create a one which can cook rice for 100 to 500 peoples. How can I design it to hold 30 to 50 litre of water. At present we have very small one to buy which can cook for 3 to 5 number of peoples.

velraman said:
I want to create a one which can cook rice for 100 to 500 peoples. How can I design it to hold 30 to 50 litre of water. At present we have very small one to buy which can cook for 3 to 5 number of peoples.
With hundreds of people involved you are very much into the Public Liability field and Litigation. Boilers need to be of approved construction and inspected regularly. This is a crazy venture, I'm afraid.
Alternatively, cook the stuff in a steamer and keep your body intact. :smile:

Likes velraman, Dale and anorlunda

Related to How to make a customized pressure cooker?

1. How do I choose the right size pressure cooker for my needs?

The size of your pressure cooker will depend on the amount of food you plan to cook and your personal preferences. Most pressure cookers come in sizes ranging from 4 quarts to 8 quarts. It is important to consider the size of your family or the amount of food you typically cook to determine the appropriate size. Additionally, make sure to check the dimensions of the cooker to ensure it will fit in your kitchen.

2. What materials should I look for in a customized pressure cooker?

The two main materials used for pressure cookers are stainless steel and aluminum. Stainless steel is a durable and long-lasting option, while aluminum is a good conductor of heat. Some pressure cookers also come with a non-stick coating, which can make cleaning easier, but may not be as durable as stainless steel or aluminum.

3. Can I customize the pressure setting and cooking time on a customized pressure cooker?

Yes, most pressure cookers come with adjustable pressure settings and cooking times. This allows you to customize the cooking process based on the type of food you are cooking and your personal preferences. It is important to follow the recommended cooking times for different types of food to ensure they are cooked safely and properly.

4. Are there any safety features I should look for in a customized pressure cooker?

Yes, safety should be a top priority when selecting a pressure cooker. Look for models with safety features such as a locking lid, pressure release valves, and pressure indicators. It is also important to read the instruction manual and follow all safety precautions when using a pressure cooker.

5. How do I clean and maintain a customized pressure cooker?

Cleaning and maintaining your pressure cooker is essential for its longevity and performance. Most pressure cookers come with removable parts, such as the gasket and pressure release valves, which should be cleaned after each use. It is also important to regularly check and replace these parts if necessary. Additionally, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning the main body of the pressure cooker. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils that may damage the surface.