Im in love with my maths teacher

In summary: So, yeah, it happens. We all go through phases where we're drawn to people who are different from us in some way, whether it's in our fields of study or just in general. It's not always a bad thing, and in the long run, it can actually be a beneficial experience.
blackcat
I hate to say it but unfortunately I love my Maths teacher. She is very hot, intelligent and cultured. We went for a meal yesterday and I had a great time. Unfortunately she's married and there's no way in hell she loves me. It wouldn't be so bad if my lessons with her weren't to end in a few weeks when school ends, which SUCKS becasue I won't see her again. I didnt think I would fall in love with a person again after a recent interest in "something" but I have. What a horrible feeling :frown: :frown: :mad:

sorry for the thread but i need some sort of release. perhaps someone has been in a similar position before.

Science news on Phys.org
Haha, if this will make you permanently interested in math, it's not such a tragedy at all. :-p

Well, all of us have been in love with someone older at least once in our life. It's something you have to go through. You know what they say about forbidden fruit.. :wink:

Take a picture of her and upload it. I want to see what your definition of 'hot' is.

are you sure it's her and not the maths that got you horny?
sometimes maths does it to people.
(-:

loop quantum gravity said:
(-:

Maybe if your a weirdo.

blackcat said:
She is very hot, intelligent and cultured.
It could be worse you know. What if she was very cold, stupid and boorish? Take my word for it, you get over it. Sort of.

Try to solve one of the Millennium problems; that ought to take your mind off of her. :wink:

(Van Halen - Hot For Teacher) [audio sync problems, however]

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmysnyder said:
It could be worse you know. What if she was very cold, stupid and boorish? Take my word for it, you get over it. Sort of.

Well, when one is in love, it frequently happens that cold, stupid and boorish persons turn into hot, intelligent and cultured ones. :-p

radou said:
Well, when one is in love, it frequently happens that cold, stupid and boorish persons turn into hot, intelligent and cultured ones.
So my wife tells me.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Maybe if your a weirdo.

maybe, it depends on your definition of a weirdo.

radou said:
Haha, if this will make you permanently interested in math, it's not such a tragedy at all. :-p

Well, all of us have been in love with someone older at least once in our life. It's something you have to go through. You know what they say about forbidden fruit.. :wink:
Actually I am applying for a maths course. Unfortunately it's unrelated to her though, although she is inspiring with her knowledge + teaching.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Take a picture of her and upload it. I want to see what your definition of 'hot' is.
Well... I don't think I can upload any pictures (i don't have any and i don't think she would like it) but she wears glasses and has the best most intelligent face ever.

(-:
:confused: :confused:

jimmysnyder said:
yeah i got over someone else a year or so ago, but i was never as close to her as i am to my teacher. i feel as if she weren't married we might have something. YES i know that probably sounds laughably unrealistic. but the worst part is not seeing or talking to her again.

Btw, reminds me of Linus and Miss Othmar. :smile:

maybe, it depends on your definition of a weirdo.

Weirdo-(n)
Somone that gets a stiffy off of math. :smile:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Weirdo-(n)

..and perhaps uses women as desks and studies on them.

radou said:
Btw, reminds me of Linus and Miss Othmar. :smile:
LOL! All my Elementary teachers were elderly ladies that had been teaching for decades (think Calvin and Hobbes, here!). When I got into HS, the business/clerical teacher was an absolute hottie, maybe 5'4 in heels, so I took typing as an elective along with two of my friends who shared my "interests". As it turned out, she had enough electric typewriters for the girls and we 3 boys had to learn on old Royal manuals. We routinely took top spots in the speed drills, though, and touch-typing saved me a PILE of money/time in college when the profs specified typed output.

Then in college, I went through another "Miss Othmar" period with my Creative Writing Prof - a PhD. She was cute, smart, perceptive and very friendly, but her husband (an Asst. Prof.) happened to be my academic adviser and a pretty good friend/resource who seemed to be able to get me into any course I wanted, even if enrollment was closed. Luckily, there were lots of co-eds to pursue instead.

The female teachers who get in trouble messing around with 14-15 YO boys ought to pursue advanced degrees and teach in college. They could still lose their jobs for fraternization, but they wouldn't be doing hard time! :biggrin:

Last edited:
blackcat said:
I hate to say it but unfortunately I love my Maths teacher. She is very hot, intelligent and cultured. We went for a meal yesterday and I had a great time. Unfortunately she's married and there's no way in hell she loves me. It wouldn't be so bad if my lessons with her weren't to end in a few weeks when school ends, which SUCKS becasue I won't see her again. I didnt think I would fall in love with a person again after a recent interest in "something" but I have. What a horrible feeling :frown: :frown: :mad:

sorry for the thread but i need some sort of release. perhaps someone has been in a similar position before.

Heh, I had a rather attractive math teacher back in tenth grade. I believe the class was Algebra II.

Anyway, just be happy you've fallen for math instead of physics. There are actually quite a few attractive women in mathematics (at least there were in the math department at my college). In physics, the ratio is...well, lower. I remember first noticing this in my experimental physics class. I always used to sit in the front, but one afternoon I decided to turn around, and to my great surprise, it was all dudes. If you're looking for women, stick with math.

It became painfully obvious later when some of us in the physics club actually became desperate enough and started searching the Internet for hot physicists.

Hilarious. Once I had this really hot psychology prof. for intro to psych who was fresh out of PhD school. I was a senior when I took her class and after I graduated, that summer, I saw her out in the bars and she was obviously drunk. She saw me and we talked for a little while and then she kissed me. It is awesome that you can tell everyone that you made out with your hot prof.

blackcat said:
(-:
:confused: :confused:
:smile: :smile:

blackcat said:

How old are you?

neutrino said:
Try to solve one of the Millennium problems; that ought to take your mind off of her. :wink:

Or it might win her over! :biggrin:

Young b'cat, you will meet many many milf's during your tender years, just like the rest of us.

There are times when emotions run high to the point that it becomes hard to concentrate on anything else. Adopting a mature attitude will guide you through this overload. Look yourself in the mirror and, like a grown up, seriously ask yourself "What would Spider-Man do?" Shake off the cobwebs. Go beat up a super-villain. Pick up photography. It will keep your mind off her.

blackcat said:

Who could blame you? Women math teachers are hot!

Well, except for one math teacher I had for a college class. It was a class on communications (analog and digital) instead of math, though, so maybe that was part of the problem. Or maybe it was because she was once in a class that I taught. She tried to lure my superintendent into joining her in the back seat of her car with a couple bottles of Jack Daniels. I thought that was kind of tacky - going to the teacher's boss behind the teacher's back and all. I think it left me bitter.

out of whack said:
"What would Spider-Man do?" Shake off the cobwebs. Go beat up a super-villain. Pick up photography.

Kiss the math-hottie hanging upside-down. :-p

Math is Hot!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Weirdo-(n)
so we can't have a female weirdo, by that definition... (-:

p.s
i was kidding btw, but who knows perhaps there are really such weirdoes.. (-:

:rolleyes:

Blackcat, it's a crush. It happens. You'll get over it, and someday will think back and laugh at it when you read about some other young fellow with a crush on one of his teachers.

you know who was math teacher, rich franklin from ufc (ultimate fighting championship).

/waits for the ladies to start drooling

light_bulb said:
you know who was math teacher, rich franklin from ufc (ultimate fighting championship).

/waits for the ladies to start drooling

Cool, just googled it up. What an anti-stereotype! :cool:

when i was 8, i invited my hot third grade teacher to the movies, and she went!

that was the last date i had for about 12-15 years.

mathwonk said:
when i was 8, i invited my hot third grade teacher to the movies, and she went!

that was the last date i had for about 12-15 years.

Wait, you mean that actually works??

I personally wouldn't have tried that in third grade, since my teacher was an old lady. But fifth grade was an entirely different story. :smile:

Physics_wiz said:
How old are you?
Old enough to *** **** and *** ****** (i bet you can't figure that out).

out of whack said:
There are times when emotions run high to the point that it becomes hard to concentrate on anything else. Adopting a mature attitude will guide you through this overload. Look yourself in the mirror and, like a grown up, seriously ask yourself "What would Spider-Man do?" Shake off the cobwebs. Go beat up a super-villain. Pick up photography. It will keep your mind off her.
Photography is boring and Spiderman sucks.

Moonbear said:
:rolleyes:Blackcat, it's a crush. It happens. You'll get over it, and someday will think back and laugh at it when you read about some other young fellow with a crush on one of his teachers.
Actually I think a crush is when you want sex with someone. That's not the first thing on my mind when I think about her.

blackcat said:
Spiderman sucks.

Calumny! Heresy! May you be cursed with the hots for some teacher!

out of whack said:
Look yourself in the mirror and, like a grown up, seriously ask yourself "What would Spider-Man do?" Shake off the cobwebs.

Umm...rather don't. :smile:

blackcat said:
Actually I think a crush is when you want sex with someone. That's not the first thing on my mind when I think about her.
Well, when you put the whole everything down into words it all gets pretty confusing categorizing loves and not loves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence
Blackcat, it's a crush. It happens. You'll get over it, and someday will think back and laugh at it when you read about some other young fellow with a crush on one of his teachers.
Ohmigosh there goes Moonbear always giving practical advice when everybody else is making jokes! :!)