Is there a latex tag? Issue with preview

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter mystmyst
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Tag
In summary, the conversation covered questions about the availability of a latex tag on the forum and a possible fix for the issue with duplicated templates. The participants discussed the presence of a sigma icon in the advanced editor that helps with editing latex, but does not automatically add tex tags. There was a suggestion to add a like button and a thank you button for a more social experience on the forum.
mystmyst
Hi.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a latex tag anywhere? I see [STRIKE] tag, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= tag,
tag...

2) The preview button still duplicates the 3 bold questions. Is there a way to fix that? I remember when I joined about 5 months ago it had that issue and I thought for sure it would be fixed by now.

Physics news on Phys.org
[noparse][tex][/tex][/noparse]

From what I understand removing the problem with duplicated template is not economical.

i know the latex tag is [tex][/tex] but i meant to ask if the latex tag appears above with the other tags. Meaning, if i click on the latex icon, [tex][/tex] automaticlly appears without me having to write it every time.

Does that exist?

As far as I know - no.

In some subforums in advanced editor there is an additions sigma icon, that helps you edit LaTeX, but it doesn't add tex tags.

Thanks. Is there a place where I can recommend it to the admins?

You already did :smile:

If you click the ∑ icon for LaTeX, the tags will be added when you select an item from the LaTeX menu that appears.

I learn every day.

Thanks guys.

I also recommend adding a like button and a thank you button. It'll make things more fun and social around here!

Related to Is there a latex tag? Issue with preview

1. What is the purpose of the latex tag?

The latex tag is used to render mathematical equations and symbols in a web page using LaTeX, a typesetting language commonly used in scientific and mathematical fields.

2. How do I use the latex tag?

To use the latex tag, you need to wrap your LaTeX code between the opening and closing latex tags. For example, latex code here .

3. Is there a specific format for writing LaTeX code within the latex tag?

Yes, there is a specific format for writing LaTeX code within the latex tag. This includes using backslashes (\) to denote special commands, using curly braces ({}) to group elements, and separating elements with whitespace or special characters.

4. Can I use the latex tag in any web browser?

Yes, the latex tag is supported by most modern web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. However, some browsers may require additional plugins or extensions to properly render the LaTeX code.

5. Is there a limit to the length or complexity of the LaTeX code I can use within the latex tag?

There is no specific limit to the length or complexity of the LaTeX code you can use within the latex tag. However, it is recommended to keep the code concise and avoid using too many nested commands to ensure proper rendering on different browsers.