LaTeX Preview Not Working: What Am I Doing Wrong?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Hamiltonian
  • Start date
In summary, there is an issue with loading LaTeX equations when previewing a post or thread. This may be due to previous posts not containing LaTeX, which requires the page to be refreshed. The issue is being addressed by the developers.
Hamiltonian
1631706067232.png

when I click on preview the eqns written in LaTeX aren't loading. am I doing something wrong here? I have never faced this problem before.

Likes yucheng
Physics news on Phys.org
Is it when you reply to a thread? If previous posts have no Latex, then it doesn't load until you post and refresh the page.

• Informative
Likes Hamiltonian and hutchphd
I was trying to post a new thread, I wanted to make sure I hadn't messed up the LaTeX anywhere but every time I click on preview I face the above problem.

Last edited:
the first screenshot is of when I type the equation the second is when I click on preview.
1631707326955.png

1631707346040.png

PeroK said:
Is it when you reply to a thread? If previous posts have no Latex, then it doesn't load until you post and refresh the page.
ok, this is working even while trying to make a post thanks a lot.

I am facing the same issue here.

yucheng said:
I am facing the same issue here.
I try refreshing the page and if that doesn't work I post the message, refresh and then edit the Latex if needed.

It's a poor show, but the developers are working on it.

Related to LaTeX Preview Not Working: What Am I Doing Wrong?

1. Why is my LaTeX preview not working?

There could be a few reasons why your LaTeX preview is not working. One possibility is that there may be an error in your LaTeX code, such as missing brackets or incorrect syntax. Another possibility is that your LaTeX distribution is not properly installed or configured.

2. How can I fix my LaTeX preview not working?

If your LaTeX preview is not working due to an error in your code, you will need to carefully review and correct your code. If your LaTeX distribution is not properly installed or configured, you may need to reinstall or update it. It is also possible that there may be a compatibility issue between your LaTeX distribution and the software or platform you are using for previewing.

3. Do I need a specific software or plugin for LaTeX preview?

Yes, in order to preview LaTeX code, you will need a software or plugin that is compatible with LaTeX. Some popular options include LaTeX editors such as Overleaf and TeXworks, or plugins for document editors like Microsoft Word or Google Docs.

4. Can I preview LaTeX code without downloading any software?

Yes, there are some online tools and websites that allow you to input and preview LaTeX code without needing to download any software. However, these tools may have limited features and may not be as reliable as using a dedicated LaTeX editor or plugin.

5. How can I learn more about troubleshooting LaTeX preview issues?

If you encounter frequent issues with your LaTeX preview, it may be helpful to consult online forums or user groups for LaTeX users. You can also refer to documentation and tutorials for your specific LaTeX distribution or previewing software for troubleshooting tips and solutions.