Looking for information on the Core of a section, eccentric loading/unsymmetrical bending

morpheus343
Anyone know of any book on mechanics of materials that covers finding the core of a section in eccentric loading. I am not sure what the term is in english but the direct translation is core of the cross section, it is the region in which if a load is applied, there will be only tensile or only compressive stress. I have looked at Hibbeler's book and Beer's (Mechanics of Materials) and haven't found anything like it. I have encountered this question in unsymmetrical bending due to eccentric loading in an unsymmetrical cross section. Maybe it is on another subject and not mechanics of materials?

Engineering news on Phys.org
morpheus343 said:
I have encountered this question in unsymmetrical bending due to eccentric loading in an unsymmetrical cross section. Maybe it is on another subject and not mechanics of materials?
It is an advanced topic in the mechanics of materials.

The core of a section is a neutral axis, in the case when the section is subjected to asymmetric loading.

The kernel or kern of a section is the region in which a compressive point load may be applied without producing any tensile stress on the cross-section.

Google 'Core or Kernel of a section'

Likes Lnewqban