Math Equations for Physics Coursework: Assistance Needed

In summary, the conversation discusses how to insert mathematical equations into a Word document. It is suggested to use Power Point to save the equations as JPEG, GIF, or PDF files and then insert them into the Word document. Power Point has a variety of export features that can assist with this process.
smileandbehappy
I am trying to type up some pretty equations for my physics coursework. I was told to download mathematics and have done so using winedt, however I can only get pdf documents which are f-all use for a word docuemnt. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you asking how to take a figure from mathematica and save it as a PDF because Word sucks at displaying mathematica images? Just copy the image into power point and then use power point to save the image as a JPEG, GIF, PDF, etc.

...and it has a pretty decent set of export features itself, say just right click on what you want to export and a menu which will help you should pop up.

Related to Math Equations for Physics Coursework: Assistance Needed

1. How do I solve a math equation for my physics coursework?

Solving a math equation for a physics coursework involves following a systematic approach. First, identify the variables given in the problem and the ones you need to solve for. Then, use the appropriate mathematical formula or equation to set up the problem. Finally, solve the equation step by step, making sure to show all your work and units.

2. What are the most common equations used in physics coursework?

Some of the most commonly used equations in physics coursework include Newton's Second Law (F=ma), the equations of motion (v=u+at, s=ut+1/2at^2), Coulomb's Law (F=kq1q2/r^2), and Ohm's Law (V=IR). However, the specific equations used will depend on the topic and level of the coursework.

3. How can I check if my math equations for physics coursework are correct?

To check if your math equations are correct, you can use the given values and plug them into the equation to see if you get the correct answer. You can also check your work using dimensional analysis, making sure the units on both sides of the equation are the same. Additionally, asking a classmate or teacher to review your work can also help identify any errors.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve math equations for my physics coursework?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve math equations for your physics coursework. However, it is important to understand the concepts and principles behind the equations before relying solely on a calculator to solve them. Using a calculator can also help you check your work and save time on calculations.

5. Are there any online resources or tools that can help with solving math equations for physics coursework?

Yes, there are many online resources and tools that can help with solving math equations for physics coursework. Some popular ones include WolframAlpha, Desmos, and Symbolab. These websites offer step-by-step solutions and explanations for a wide range of math equations and topics. It is important to use these resources as a supplement and not rely solely on them for solving equations.