Modeling Motion of Balloon Filled by Human

In summary, the conversation discusses the motion of a balloon filled with air and its differences from objects with higher mass. The equations for this motion are not specified, but it is noted that all objects fall with the same acceleration in the absence of air resistance. The balloon's large cross sectional area and low mass affect its acceleration, and it is observed that the balloon often points downward when thrown up. More details and equations are requested to understand the factors affecting the balloon's motion.
skbay
I want to model the motion of balloon filled by a human not helium or any other gas.

what would be the equations? I know the air would've some mass so if I throw the balloon up that would f=ma ? distance = vt?

when a balloon comes down its downward motion is much slower say compare to a tiny metal piece, I assume that's because of low mass of balloon?

any other details would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
It is not really because of the low mass- all objects, of any mass, fall with the same acceleration in absence of air resistance. It is the large cross sectional area, pushing aside air, in combination with its low mass, that affects its acceleration.

so then what equations do apply? how do i determine what is slowing the vertical velocity of balloon?

also I've noticed that everytime I throw the baloon up it tries to make it down such that its air noozle is pointing down (most of the time) more like a badminton shuttle, is this a given or only happens in certain scenarios?

Related to Modeling Motion of Balloon Filled by Human

What is the purpose of modeling motion of a balloon filled by a human?

The purpose of modeling motion of a balloon filled by a human is to understand and predict how the balloon will move and behave when a person is inside of it. This can be useful for various applications such as designing safer amusement park rides or studying the effects of air resistance on human motion.

What factors affect the motion of a balloon filled by a human?

Several factors can affect the motion of a balloon filled by a human, including the weight and size of the person inside, the volume and elasticity of the balloon, the air pressure inside and outside the balloon, and external forces such as wind or air resistance.

How can mathematical equations be used to model the motion of a balloon filled by a human?

By using mathematical equations such as Newton's laws of motion and the ideal gas law, we can create a model that describes the relationship between the various factors affecting the motion of a balloon filled by a human. This model can then be used to make predictions and analyze the behavior of the balloon.

What are some limitations of modeling motion of a balloon filled by a human?

Some limitations of modeling motion of a balloon filled by a human include the assumption that the person inside the balloon is in a static position and not moving around, as well as the assumption that the balloon is a perfect sphere with uniform air pressure. Additionally, factors such as the balloon material and shape may also affect the accuracy of the model.

How can modeling motion of a balloon filled by a human be beneficial in real-world situations?

Modeling motion of a balloon filled by a human can be beneficial in real-world situations by providing valuable insights and predictions for designing safer and more efficient amusement park rides, understanding the effects of air resistance on human motion, and potentially even aiding in the development of new transportation methods such as hot air balloons.