Rekindling My Love for Physics: A Retired Scientist's Journey Back

• Thread starter A Majeski
  • Start date
In summary, "Rekindling My Love for Physics: A Retired Scientist's Journey Back" is a compelling story of a retired scientist's journey to reignite his passion for physics. After years of being away from the field, the scientist takes on the challenge of relearning and understanding the latest developments in physics. Through hard work and determination, he is able to reconnect with the subject and discover a newfound appreciation for it. The story serves as a reminder of the enduring love and curiosity for science, even in retirement.
A Majeski
How did you find PF?
Just searched for a forum
Hello
I am a retired person who had a colorful career in education and science. I was an instructor in the Navy and taught at ITT technical school, not a big item on anyones resume. I was a Physics major in college but unfortunately, I never got a Masters or Phd. The money available for working was too good to pass. That was over 40 years ago. I did get an interview at Cal Tech to work on the LIGO when it was still a test concept, but the job went to an undergrad, as it should.
I am here because I strongly miss intelligent conversation and I love Physics.

Likes Wrichik Basu, PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, and thank you for your service (from an Army brat). :smile:

Likes A Majeski
A Majeski said:
I am here because I strongly miss intelligent conversation and I love Physics.
You'll find a lot of physics here. How much of the former you'll find is another matter!

:welcome:

Likes A Majeski