Should I Take AP Physics 1 to Reaffirm My Understanding or Skip to AP Physics 2?

In summary, the individual is seeking guidance on whether they should take AP Physics 1 in their senior year, since they already have a strong understanding of physics from taking honors physics in their junior year. They are unsure if it will be redundant or if it will help solidify their understanding of Newtonian physics. They also mention asking their counselor and teachers for advice.
Gamenets
Hey PF, I'm new to the forums and I want to ask you for some guidance. I'm currently in my junior year of high school and took honors physics last semester. I WAS planing on taking AP Physics B in my senior year, so I have a fair understanding of physics before going to college. But sadly AP Physics B is being split into two different courses for the next academic year. The thing is AP Physics 1 seems to cover a lot of things my honors class already covered. So should i just skip AP physics 1 or take it to reaffirming my basic understanding of Newtonian physics? and if there is a AP physics teacher (I doubt it) would you please recommend what I should do?

P.S. Thank for the help and replies I really don't mean to bother you guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
You should ask your counselor and the teachers of those classes. We don't know what you were taught in previous classes nor what will be taught in this one.

Related to Should I Take AP Physics 1 to Reaffirm My Understanding or Skip to AP Physics 2?

1. What is the "High School Physics Dilemma"?

The "High School Physics Dilemma" refers to the common struggle that high school students face when taking physics courses. This dilemma is characterized by the difficulty of the subject matter, lack of resources and support, and the pressure to succeed academically.

2. Why is physics considered a challenging subject in high school?

Physics involves complex mathematical concepts and requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It also covers a wide range of topics, from mechanics to electricity and magnetism, making it a challenging subject for many high school students.

3. How can students overcome the challenges of studying physics in high school?

Students can overcome the challenges of studying physics in high school by seeking help from their teachers, forming study groups with peers, practicing problems regularly, and using online resources and tutoring services.

4. Why is it important for high school students to study physics?

Studying physics in high school can help students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. It also prepares them for future STEM fields and provides a strong foundation for college-level physics courses.

5. What can be done to improve the teaching of physics in high school?

To improve the teaching of physics in high school, there needs to be more resources and support for teachers, such as professional development opportunities and access to modern teaching tools. Additionally, incorporating hands-on experiments and real-life applications can make the subject more engaging and relatable for students.