Tabbing environment and equation number

• MHB
  • Thread starter Dustinsfl
  • Start date
Latex question: In summary, the user is asking if the tabbing environment in Latex can number equations like the align environment and if it can sync up with the align's numbering system. They also ask for a possible solution or example.
Dustinsfl
Can the tabbing environment number equations like the align environment? If so, can it sync up with the aligns numbering system?
How could this be done if possible?

Physics news on Phys.org
dwsmith said:
Can the tabbing environment number equations like the align environment? If so, can it sync up with the aligns numbering system?
How could this be done if possible?

Is this a general Latex question or a question about using Latex here? If the latter, I'm going to have to ask like always for an example. Sorry. (Smoking)

Jameson said:
Is this a general Latex question or a question about using Latex here? If the latter, I'm going to have to ask like always for an example. Sorry. (Smoking)

General

Related to Tabbing environment and equation number

1. What is a tabbing environment?

A tabbing environment is a type of layout in which text is aligned in columns by using tab stops. It is commonly used for creating lists, tables, and other types of structured content.

2. How do I create a tabbing environment in LaTeX?

To create a tabbing environment in LaTeX, you need to use the tabbing environment command \begin{tabbing} and \end{tabbing} to indicate the start and end of the tabbing environment. Within these commands, you can use the \= command to set tab stops and the \> command to move to the next tab stop.

3. What is an equation number in a tabbing environment?

An equation number in a tabbing environment is a number that is automatically assigned to an equation within the tabbing environment. It is used to reference the equation in the text and can be customized using the \tag command.

4. How do I add an equation number in a tabbing environment?

To add an equation number in a tabbing environment, you need to use the \eqnum command after the equation you want to number. This will automatically assign a number to the equation and display it on the right side of the tabbing environment.

5. Can I change the position of the equation number in a tabbing environment?

Yes, you can change the position of the equation number in a tabbing environment by using the \tag* command instead of the \tag command. This will allow you to place the equation number anywhere within the tabbing environment, instead of it being automatically placed on the right side.