Teaching Physics to New Students: Book Recommendations

• Thread starter Mark Metz
  • Start date
In summary, teaching physics to new students can be made easier with the use of recommended books. These books offer a comprehensive and structured approach to learning the subject, covering key concepts and providing practice problems for students to work on. Some recommended titles include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Concepts of Physics" by H.C. Verma, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker. These books not only explain the fundamental principles of physics, but also provide real-life examples and applications to help students grasp the concepts better. Additionally, they often come with online resources such as practice quizzes and interactive simulations to enhance the learning experience. Overall, these book recommendations can be a valuable tool for both
Mark Metz
Hi! new physics teacher here but old dog educator. I have been a chemistry and physical science teacher for decades but they want me to teach physics now. I am in a small school in North Dakota and will have four students in the class next year. I have been here two years after retiring from another state. Two years ago they took an online physical science class and from what I can figure out they learned very little to use for background. So I am looking for an easier physics book that can introduce them to physics and somewhat bring them up to speed. Any suggestions for a book or program that would be most helpful to them? Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks - nice to be here

Intro section is just for intro. You should post your question in the Academic Guidance forum. Welcome to PF