What are some helpful online resources for teaching high school physics?

• Thread starter trryan5
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, there are several helpful online resources for teaching high school physics, including websites such as Khan Academy and Physics Classroom, which offer interactive lessons and practice problems. Other resources include YouTube channels such as Veritasium and Crash Course, which provide entertaining and informative videos on various physics topics. Additionally, online forums and communities like Physics Forums and Quora can be useful for teachers to connect with experts and share teaching strategies. Many textbook publishers also offer online resources, such as digital textbooks and homework platforms. Overall, these online resources can supplement traditional teaching methods and provide students with additional support and resources for learning high school physics.
trryan5
How did you find PF?
Duck Duck Go search
Hello, I'm a high school physics teacher and also working on a PhD in science curriculum and instruction. I've been teaching regular and honors physics for a couple of years and probably will add an A.P. Physics 1 section next year (depending on the school's scheduling priorities). I came across this site looking for help with some online physics resources I have been investigating. I've posted a question about it in the homework thread.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like it was deleted. It would have been nice if the moderator told me why. As far as I can tell, it was posted in the correct forum and I explained how I went about trying to solve it.

Well, in a nutshell - is it possible to use basic algebraic projectile formulas to find out how long a projectile is airborne given only its maximum height and horizontal displacement? A certain website said yes, but didn't show how. I can't figure it out, and every online calculator I've tried is unable to produce an answer with just those two pieces of data.

trryan5 said:
Well, in a nutshell - is it possible to use basic algebraic projectile formulas to find out how long a projectile is airborne given only its maximum height and horizontal displacement?
In fact, you won't even need the horizontal displacement.

trryan5 said:
It looks like it was deleted. It would have been nice if the moderator told me why. As far as I can tell, it was posted in the correct forum and I explained how I went about trying to solve it.
It wasn't deleted. It just required approval (triggered by the links you had in the post). I just approved it.

Likes PeroK