The nature of radio waves Question.

In summary, the conversation is discussing the potential effects of two antennas being designed to broadcast the same signal with a 180 degree phase shift and being placed close together. The question is whether this could result in patches of significant interference and electromagnetic noise at certain distances. The conversation also touches on the concept of nullified background energy and its potential relation to gravity. The speaker is looking for insights from experts in antennas and electromagnetics to better understand the topic.
rchase
I have a challenging question about electromagnetics.
I presume if two antennas were designed to broadcast the same signal, but were designed somehow be exactly phase shifted by 180 degrees. And the antennas were stationed very close together. So that no electromagentic noise would be detected until very far away.
But once a certian distance were reached, I presume the minor distance between them would account for patches of significant interference and electromagnetic noise of the wave-particle transmission.
Within the theory of radiation and emission laws, I presume the electrons within a good super conductor would produce a nearly continius wave signal. However, if the waves are very close together sothere were no measurable noise for miles, but down the road there was noise; could there be nullified background energy all around us?

Regarding a better question:
It seems that we cannot consider light a wave for there to be no noticible affect for miles, then a staticiy signal. But the real question is how to we quantify the energy between the unusual source and the static? What to we call the empty zones? Do we call it gravity-like?

I need to hear some facts about what would really occur from antenna experts, and electromagnetics experts. I am challeged with this question it seems to require a better understanding of antennas, solidstate, and background interactions than I have.

Science news on Phys.org
I just noticed I was talking about an AC capacitor or inductor, and this therby seems to nullify the question; maybe. I'll let it ride because the tips of a capacitor would have this affect. And what, if any, relation to gravity could this have with nullified light all around us?

Last edited:

Related to The nature of radio waves Question.

1. What are radio waves?

Radio waves are a type of electromagnetic radiation that are used for communication and have a frequency range of about 3 kilohertz (kHz) to 300 gigahertz (GHz). They are a form of energy that can travel through space at the speed of light.

2. How are radio waves produced?

Radio waves are produced by accelerating charged particles, such as electrons, in an antenna. This creates a changing electric field that radiates outwards, creating a radio wave.

3. What is the difference between AM and FM radio waves?

The main difference between AM (amplitude modulation) and FM (frequency modulation) radio waves is the way they carry information. AM waves vary the amplitude (strength) of the wave to transmit information, while FM waves vary the frequency (number of waves per second). FM waves are typically used for high-fidelity music, while AM waves are used for talk radio.

4. Can radio waves be used for anything besides communication?

Yes, radio waves have many other uses besides communication. They can be used for radar systems, remote control devices, and even medical imaging. In addition, radio waves from distant stars and galaxies can be studied to learn more about our universe.

5. How do radio waves travel through different mediums?

Radio waves can travel through a variety of mediums, including air, water, and even outer space. They are able to pass through most materials with little to no obstruction, which is why they are used for communication. However, their strength and speed can be affected by the medium they are traveling through, such as being absorbed or reflected by certain materials.