Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,591
Danger said:
Nice to see someone picked up the slack. SOS missed that? Oh well, she is getting up there in years.
The real name for the Peanut is 'Clutch Drive'. It was used a lot in the first half of the 20th, but not much after. You can still buy screwdrivers for it, but the fasteners themselves are a special-order thing. I think that they're a Yank invention. They're even stronger than a Robertson. The 'slot' is shaped like an infinity symbol (without the cross-over); ie. 'peanut'-shaped. I was quite surprised to find that the dash panel on my '72 GM P-3500 step van was held together with them.

Got anything in that toolbox that works on a sore back? It's just dawning on me now that that lawnmower I lifted out of the trunk of my car today was lifted into the car by two men at the store. It might have been a bit heavy. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,592
Math Is Hard said:
SOS.. tell him to bring you some 'K' cider, too. I hope they still make it.
I have no idea what 'K' cider is unless someone uses that as an abbreviation for 'Okanagen', which is incredibly tasty and 7%. That stuff works like Australian port; you drink it like juice for a couple of hours with no noticeable effect, then it slams you like a pile-driver.

SOS2008 said:
Make note to self: He has selective memory like a steel trap.
I'm serious about not knowing what you mean. I vaguely recall joking to some guy that he was off my list, because I couldn't think of a clever reply to an insult and had to say something. Either you intercepted somebody else's message, or it was before I realized you're a girl. Either that, or I have a selective memory like a steel-wool trap. :redface:

• #2,593
Moonbear said:
Got anything in that toolbox that works on a sore back?
I knew you never read the owner's manual for that bra! It gives very clear instructions for unfolding it into a heating pad.

• #2,594
Danger said:
I knew you never read the owner's manual for that bra! It gives very clear instructions for unfolding it into a heating pad.

You expected me to read the owner's manual? Yeesh, that thing looks like a Sears Roebuck catalog! Just how many languages did you have to write the instructions in? I'm still trying to find the English section. :bugeye:

• #2,595
Moonbear said:
Got anything in that toolbox that works on a sore back? It's just dawning on me now that that lawnmower I lifted out of the trunk of my car today was lifted into the car by two men at the store. It might have been a bit heavy. :rolleyes:
Blue ice helps me. And remember to stay off your back for a while... :rolleyes: ...That doesn't sound right does it? :-p

• #2,596
Artman said:
Blue ice helps me. And remember to stay off your back for a while... :rolleyes: ...That doesn't sound right does it? :-p

:rolleyes: Sounds fine to me. :devil:

• #2,597
Huckleberry said:
Oh, I know this one. It's an archaeological tool used to separate peanuts from fossilized mammoth feces.
You're thread mixing already!
Danger said:
Nice to see someone picked up the slack. SOS missed that? Oh well, she is getting up there in years.
I just remembered what happened when I asked about the Robertson...
Danger said:
I have no idea what 'K' cider is unless someone uses that as an abbreviation for 'Okanagen', which is incredibly tasty and 7%. That stuff works like Australian port; you drink it like juice for a couple of hours with no noticeable effect, then it slams you like a pile-driver.:
Yes, I want some! Add it to the list!
Danger said:
I'm serious about not knowing what you mean.Either that, or I have a selective memory like a steel-wool trap. :redface:
Yeh, so after the "getting up there in years" remark, PM me where to send instructions.

• #2,598
Moonbear said:
I'm still trying to find the English section. :bugeye:
English? uh oh...

Artman said:
stay off your back for a while... :rolleyes: ...That doesn't sound right does it? :-p
She's flexible enough and experienced enough that I'm sure her back need not be involved. :biggrin:

• #2,599
SOS2008 said:
Yeh, so after the "getting up there in years" remark, PM me where to send instructions.
Okay, my shows are over and I can start paying attention, although I fear that it might be way too late. It's going to cost me a lot more than some 'Glacier Berry' and a couple of screwdrivers to get out of this, isn't it? :redface: :frown:

Did I mention :!) ...?

• #2,600
Danger said:
She's flexible enough and experienced enough that I'm sure her back need not be involved. :biggrin:

Experienced enough? What, you don't think I'm still an innocent? o:) :-p

• #2,601
Moonbear said:
Experienced enough? What, you don't think I'm still an innocent? o:) :-p
Can I borrow that animated smilie that you used on me last week? I need something that says "I'm laughing 'til I puke."

• #2,602
Well if we can't talk about perversion with a Biologist, then who do we turn to?? :smile:

http://carboninside.com/haha.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,603
cronxeh said:
http://carboninside.com/haha.gif
[/URL]
Amusing, but impractical. You need a cubic chick. This one would just roll away...

• #2,604
SOS2008 said:
What kind of baby smilie would they make?
An M & M? :confused:

• #2,605
Like a bunny? adapt one. You live in a warm climate place.. just a thought
Some pics from http://www.bunnylu.org/adopt.html :

http://carboninside.com/lilly.jpghttp://carboninside.com/raznew2.jpg

• #2,606
When are all you people going to go to sleep so I can get started on taking over the world?

• #2,607
cronxeh said:
Like a bunny? adapt one.
Do I look like Charles Darwin? Adapt it yourself. :-p

• #2,608
Huckleberry said:
When are all you people going to go to sleep so I can get started on taking over the world?
Right. Danger has already tried... :devil:

• #2,609
cronxeh said:
Like a bunny? adapt one. You live in a warm climate place.. just a thought
I was watching about merecats (again) the other day. So cute--I want one.

• #2,610
SOS2008 said:
Didn't neither! That was just a walk-through, rehearsal sort of thing for just in case some day I might want to... o:)

• #2,611
SOS2008 said:
I was watching about merecats (again) the other day. So cute--I want one.
Okay, now you're really starting to put my costuming skills to the test...

• #2,612
Aww...lots of cute bunnies. :smile: Oh, that's right, Easter happened recently. That means animal shelters are full of bunnies waiting to be adopted by better homes than those of people who think live bunnies in Easter baskets is a good idea. :rolleyes:

• #2,613
SOS2008 said:

Yeah, and before Danger got here, franz and Smurf had those insomnia threads going where they were plotting to take over the world while everyone else slept as well.

• #2,614
Then it's proably safe to assume that I can go to sleep and this thread will still be here when I wake up.

Is anyone in a time zone here by themselves?

Huck

• #2,615
*deletes thread while Huckleberry is asleep*
Muhahahahahahahaha!

• #2,616
Moonbear said:
Yeah, and before Danger got here, franz and Smurf had those insomnia threads going where they were plotting to take over the world while everyone else slept as well.
Gah! We've been discovered! To me my minions! We must strike while there is still time!

CHARGE MY PINCUSHION! CHAAARRRGGE!

• #2,617
Huckleberry said:
Then it's proably safe to assume that I can go to sleep and this thread will still be here when I wake up.

Is anyone in a time zone here by themselves?

Huck

Yeah, that's the problem...no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't get rid of the thread. Now that it's grown on us, it's a lot harder to kill it, especially now that it has a name.

Time for me to catch some :zzz: myself.

• #2,618
Yeah, it's about bedtime for me as well. Art man was right about this. It is addicting. I tried those chat rooms several years ago and never really liked it. This is so much better. The quality of people seems much better and I get to learn things while I'm here. The site does seem a bit bulky though, hard to navigate in. I'm not as computer savy as I would like to be I guess.

G'night Moonbear.
Huck

• #2,619
P.S. you asleep yet? HAve I killed the thread?

• #2,620
Huckleberry said:
Still naive and hopeful, I see.
Well, you'll get over it.

• #2,621
Huckleberry said:
Ahh, so young and pridefull. You shall learn, oh yes, you shall learn.

• #2,622
This thread will never die a natural death. It MUST be executed. The sooner the better. I am still patiently waiting.

• #2,623
Ok let me post and you can lock it..

ok.. 1.. 2.. go go go!

• #2,624
Shafted! sucker!

• #2,625
Good morning guys. Everyone sleep well, if at all?

Back