Undergrad studying Physics and Education

In summary, studying both physics and education as an undergraduate allows one to gain a strong foundation in both scientific principles and teaching methods. This unique combination can lead to a variety of career opportunities, including teaching physics at the secondary level or pursuing further education in specialized fields such as science education research or curriculum development. Additionally, the analytical and problem-solving skills learned in physics can be applied to effectively teach other subjects, making this a valuable and versatile degree choice.
earthlingben
I am a senior at a state university in Massachusetts pursuing my lifelong passion which is Physics and, to a lesser extent, Mathematics. Currently, I’m finishing a course in Classical Mechanics and will be enrolled in Quantum Physics and Modern Theoretical Physics in the fall.
I returned to college after a twenty year hiatus to work in digital printing and graphic design. The physics theory is not beyond my grasp but sometimes the numerical analysis can get overwhelming.
My answers will tend to be phrased as if I’m teaching the subject because I want to be a high school physics teacher.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Your students will be lucky to have you as their physics instructor! :smile: