What motivated a physics teacher to return to teaching after working in retail?

• Thread starter TheMercury79
  • Start date
In summary, a physics teacher was motivated to return to teaching after working in retail due to a passion for physics and a desire to share knowledge and inspire students. The teacher also missed the challenge and intellectual stimulation of teaching and felt a strong sense of fulfillment and purpose in the classroom. Additionally, the stability and benefits of a teaching career were appealing compared to the unpredictability of the retail industry. Despite initial concerns, the teacher found the transition back to teaching to be rewarding and fulfilling.
TheMercury79
Hello to everyone on PhysicsForums!

I'm a physics/math senior high school teacher in Europe. The past few years I have been working
in retail for industrial precision cutting tools. It has been fun but I now feel I want to come back to the
field of physics and have started to teach again after some years of absence.
Unfortunately I find teaching high school unsatisfactory as the educational system in my country
has become an embarrassment. That is why I have decided to pursue a masters in physics, where I
want to specialize in cosmology as a major, and minor in particle physics.

I hope to be able to participate in interesting discussions, ask questions of my own and will contribute
whenever I can on questions asked by others.

Sincerely / TheMercury79

Likes Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. This is a great place to learn.

I'm sorry to hear about the education system there. I lived there in the 70s and 80s when it was fantastiskt.

Likes TheMercury79
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. This is a great place to learn.

I'm sorry to hear about the education system there. I lived there in the 70s and 80s when it was fantastiskt.

How wonderful. I also remember the 80s. Nowadays it's not just the education system I'm afraid. Nothing is "fantastiskt" here anymore