Using Latex Program on InvisonFree Forum: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the person is trying to find a way to use the LaTeX program on their InvisonFree forum, but since it is not very advanced, they cannot install mods like other forums. They are considering using a javascript program, but are unsure how to incorporate the symbols into HTML. They are looking for free and legal options, as their forum does not allow access to a server for installing mods. Another person questions the necessity of having LaTeX on the forum and provides links to websites that explain the work involved in implementing it.
muna580
I am wondering how I can use the latex program on my forum. My forum is an InvisonFree forum (http://invisionfree.com/) . Since its not very advanced, I can't really installed mods just IPB and vB forums have. I was thinking about making a javascript program and stuff, but how do I get these weird symbols to be in HTML?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Someone please help

So what are your options? Incuding the paying options. If you show us all the options, maybe we can use google to try to find you a free and legal option.

Free, I don't have any money to pay. Also, the forum I am trying to install the Latex or soemthing similar to it is a FREE forum. They don't give you acess to sever, like you can't install mods and stuff. You have to use javascript/html if you want to mod anything...

muna580 said:
Free, I don't have any money to pay. Also, the forum I am trying to install the Latex or soemthing similar to it is a FREE forum. They don't give you acess to sever, like you can't install mods and stuff. You have to use javascript/html if you want to mod anything...

Do you really need LaTeX on the forum? I mean you called it "weird symbols". No offense or anything. Just consider the necessity of having it on your forum.

Check out:
http://www.sixthform.info/steve/wordpress/
http://mcelrath.org/Notes/LatexWiki

it takes some relatively serious work to implement LaTeX in a forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Using Latex Program on InvisonFree Forum: Tips and Tricks

1. What is the Latex program and how does it work on InvisionFree Forum?

The Latex program is a typesetting system used for creating mathematical and scientific documents. It allows you to write complex equations and symbols that cannot be easily typed with a regular keyboard. On InvisionFree Forum, Latex is integrated as a plugin that allows forum users to display mathematical equations or symbols within their posts.

2. How can I enable the Latex plugin on my InvisionFree Forum?

To enable the Latex plugin on your forum, you will need to have administrator access. Once you are logged in as an administrator, go to the Admin Control Panel and click on "Manage Plugins." From there, you can search for the Latex plugin and click on "Enable." The plugin will then be activated and ready for use on your forum.

3. Do I need to have Latex installed on my computer to use it on InvisionFree Forum?

No, you do not need to have Latex installed on your computer to use it on InvisionFree Forum. The plugin is already integrated into the forum system, so all you need to do is enable it and start using it in your posts.

4. Can I use Latex to format text in my posts on InvisionFree Forum?

No, Latex is primarily used for displaying mathematical equations and symbols. It is not designed for formatting regular text in posts on InvisionFree Forum. If you want to format your text, you can use the built-in text editor or HTML tags.

5. Are there any limitations in using Latex on InvisionFree Forum?

Yes, there are some limitations when using Latex on InvisionFree Forum. The plugin only supports basic Latex commands and symbols, so some advanced features may not be available. Also, the plugin may not work on all themes or templates, so you may need to test it out on your specific forum theme.