What are the best resources for a beginner in astronomy and quantum mechanics?

• Thread starter nuffsed
  • Start date
In summary, the best resources for a beginner in astronomy and quantum mechanics are online courses and textbooks that cover the basics of these subjects. Additionally, attending lectures and workshops, joining online communities and forums, and visiting observatories and science museums can also provide valuable learning opportunities. It is important to start with a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, and to continuously seek out new learning opportunities to deepen understanding of these complex topics.
nuffsed
I have always been interested in physics. I find the vastness of the universe amazing but also the world on a subatomic level equally as intriguing, just more difficult to deal with as an amateur. I have a telescope for example but i don't have a particle accelerator. So i have joined this website to gain some knowledge. I have been interested in these subjects for years and now I've decided to take it up as my number one hobby.

I love quantum mechanics but all i can do with the subject is read and try and understand what i can. Astronomy is different in that aspect, with astronomy i can get more directly involved.

So that is me, a curious sceptic that is willing to accept any theories as long as they fit the observations and make accurate predictions. I am willing to keep an open mind "but not so open our brains fall out" and I am also a firm believer in Hitchens razor "whatever can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence". I will say no more on that subject but i expect that the majority of subscribers to this site get the point.

So i welcome you help.

Thank you.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. You will like our astronomy forum.