What inspired a car salesman to pursue a career in science?

• Thread starter flat6
  • Start date
In summary, a car salesman was inspired to pursue a career in science after witnessing the impact of technology on the automotive industry. He became fascinated with the advancements in car design and the potential for innovation in the field. This led him to pursue a degree in engineering and ultimately a successful career in the science and technology sector. His passion for cars and desire to be at the forefront of technological development motivated him to make the career change and follow his dreams in the scientific world.
flat6
Hello,

So I guess this is where I introduce myself. My name's Mike, and I currently work as an internet manager/sales consultant at an automotive dealership here in California. I've always been fascinated by science and technology, and I'm most interested in cosmology and physics.

I made a huge mistake by not pursuing a college education immediately after high school, and have been working in the automotive industry for way too long now. The older I get, the more interested I become in science. I spend most of my commute time listening to podcasts like Omega Tau, The Titanium Physicists, The Infinite Monkey Cage and Ask A Spaceman.

Now that I'm way too old to be relevant in any scientific field, I've decided to go back to school and will be starting classes this summer. I should be able to graduate by the time I reach retirement age. :doh:

I'll probably be posting here asking for advice and guidance, so thanks in advance for any help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi flat6.
welcome_bike.gif