What is the Erasmus Program and how is it affected by the Covid situation?

• Thread starter SQUB
  • Start date
In summary, the Erasmus Program is a European Union initiative that allows students to study or work abroad in different European countries. The program aims to promote cultural exchange and provide opportunities for personal and academic growth. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, many exchanges and activities have been cancelled or postponed, and new regulations and guidelines have been put in place to ensure the safety of participants. Virtual exchanges and online learning have also been introduced as alternative options. Despite these challenges, the Erasmus Program continues to support international education and collaboration during these uncertain times.
SQUB
Hello everyone. I'm a physics student at my last year of master and I'm doing this last year in Erasmus. Doing that during the Covid situation is not the best possibile choiche (but it also was my last choiche to have an erasmus experience) and sometimes it's hard to get the occasion to ask proper questions to professors.

That's why I just joined this comunity, I encountered a few difficulties with topics that where not explained at lectures and in that case the professor was like "you have to find out by yourself everything" without even giving me a textbook where to search. And saddly I don't know any other student here yet. So I know that with enough time I could find everything I need, but also I have to follow seven different lectures and send like 20 emails every week just to ask research groups to take me into do a thesis (covid fault again xD ), so I will really appreciate if someone would help me in this community and I look forward to be helpfull to others fellow physics students in trouble.

Well hope it was a good presentation, now you can give me a grade... Kidding hope to get to know some of you.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! It's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes SQUB
SQUB said:
Hello everyone. I'm a physics student at my last year of master and I'm doing this last year in Erasmus. Doing that during the Covid situation is not the best possibile choiche (but it also was my last choiche to have an erasmus experience) and sometimes it's hard to get the occasion to ask proper questions to professors.

That's why I just joined this comunity, I encountered a few difficulties with topics that where not explained at lectures and in that case the professor was like "you have to find out by yourself everything" without even giving me a textbook where to search. And saddly I don't know any other student here yet. So I know that with enough time I could find everything I need, but also I have to follow seven different lectures and send like 20 emails every week just to ask research groups to take me into do a thesis (covid fault again xD ), so I will really appreciate if someone would help me in this community and I look forward to be helpfull to others fellow physics students in trouble.

Well hope it was a good presentation, now you can give me a grade... Kidding hope to get to know some of you.

There are thousands of people here, do not fret. We most likely have answers to any questions you have.

The people here tend to be understanding and very non-toxic.

Hope you stick around

Likes SQUB
##\qquad## :welcome: ##\qquad##!

##\qquad## Which Erasmus is that ?

Likes SQUB