What is the Purpose of PhysicsForums and How Can I Contribute?

• Thread starter hyksos
  • Start date
In summary, PhysicsForums serves as an online platform for discussing and learning about various topics in physics. It provides a space for students, educators, and enthusiasts to ask and answer questions, share knowledge and resources, and engage in meaningful discussions. As a contributor, one can contribute by actively participating in discussions, sharing their expertise and insights, and helping others gain a deeper understanding of physics concepts. Additionally, one can also contribute by following the forum's guidelines and promoting a respectful and collaborative environment for learning.
hyksos
Hello PhysicsForums!

I am a internet refugee from another forum dedicated to science and philosophy.

This forum was referred to me by a friend there. I hope that I can contribute in the future.

Likes YoungPhysicist and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and a warm welcome here!

In order to help you start, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.

2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as "wonder of the web". The blog contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.

3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos and lecture courses in almost every field in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning opportunity.

We hope to have a great time with you, and also assure you that your experience here shall be better than the one you left behind.

Enjoy your time here. :smile:

With regards,
Wrichik.

hyksos said:
I am a internet refugee from another forum dedicated to science and philosophy.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

You will find that we are very good at helping with science questions. We stay away from philosophy here though. Enjoy!