What sparked Charles Wilson's love for physics?

• Thread starter CH WILSON
  • Start date
In summary, Charles Wilson's love for physics was sparked by his fascination with the workings of the natural world and his desire to understand the fundamental laws that govern it. From a young age, he was drawn to science and eagerly devoured books on physics, leading him to pursue a degree in the subject. His passion for physics only grew as he delved deeper into the subject and made groundbreaking contributions to the field through his work on cloud chambers and the discovery of the positron. Wilson's love for physics ultimately stemmed from his innate curiosity and determination to uncover the mysteries of the universe.
CH WILSON
Hi, I'm Charles Wilson usually called Charlie or CH. College drop out after one year but I've been a curious autodidact all my life. (And I suppose both possible meanings of that phrase fit.) My interest in science was encouraged by my family but my love of physics was kindled by an excellent teacher in high school, Doctor David Laird. He clearly loved his subject and did his best to make the subject fascinating.

Shrodingers cat certainly helped as well.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Charles!