Did you attend Da Vinci Days Tsu? And OmCheeto, did we cross paths?

• Thread starter binzing
  • Start date
In summary, Tsu and Ivan did not meet up at the festival. It was a shame we couldn't meet. Ivan was at the FIRST robotics demo from 1 to 4:30 and Tsu was at DaVinci Days from 6 to 10. They should both attend both events next year.
binzing
Tsu, Ivan, did you make it to any of the festival...It's a shame we couldn't meet...

OmCheeto, it was very nice to meet you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I was looking for you and/or Om Cheeto. I was at the FIRST robotics demo from 1 to 4:30.

Didn't see either of you.

At 4:30 I would have been at American Dream eating pizza, IIRC...

Presumably mentors recognise each other from the glowing aura and confirm it with the secret physicsforums handshake.
For the rest of us - are there any plans for T shirts?

Ivan had to work all weekend and I was enjoying a giant knot in my RIGHT butt cheek. :eek: (if I over-work the only leg I have left to stand on, my muscles start to object by tying themselves in knots) It was delightful. :rolleyes:

I certainly would have liked to go. I enjoy DaVinci Days. Next year I'm going to both the OCF AND DaVinci Days. So let's all make plans early and get those hats and t-shirts back! (someone will have to start bugging Greg...hint hint) :biggrin: Actually, isn't there an online t-shirt making service? You design your own shirt... Yeah, I'm sure they do. Maybe I'll check that out later. I have lots to do online today.

Yeah..

It actually worked pretty well, whay Om and I had planned...Funny cause I'd never done this sort of thing before, so hearing my screenname was weird...

binzing said:
Yeah..

It actually worked pretty well, whay Om and I had planned...Funny cause I'd never done this sort of thing before, so hearing my screenname was weird...

Well, I'd say it was much weirder chasing someone up a gravel road only because I thought I knew what a Pyranha looked like!

pyranhaforsure.jpg

It wasn't until I saw a Saab with a trailer hitch that I knew it was actually you!

It was good to meet you, your dad and your uncle.

My friend and I had a pretty good time, in spite of the fact that we had not a clue where anything was. My printer was on the fritz and all the maps I printed were almost unreadable.

Some of those vehicles yesterday were quite creative.

calistoga.jpg

I should have asked you where the robotics demo was being held, as I was supposed to meet Integral and his robot. Your dad mentioning that his cataraft will hold a 100 qt cooler probably distracted me, and I forgot.

fakeblues.jpg

I'm pretty sure I took more pictures in the 6 hours at da Vinci Days than my whole weekend at Country Fair.

Anyways, yes. We should all attend both events next year.

and Tsu! Fix that hip and stop tying your inner body parts in knots. That's Evo's job.

The FIRST robotics demo was just outside the main DaVinci Days entrance, so you did not have to cough up $10 to watch. We were also located at the very end of the Kinetic Sculpture route. I got to see several of them coming in.

I really liked the Calistoga dragon and the cop car. I had to check out the cop car closer as it looked like a car... How did they float a car down the river? It is actually a fiber glass body with foam pontoons, not sure where they are in the pic though. Inside are 4 sling seats and bike pedals. Oh yeah all Kinetic Sculptures are human powered.

It took Ivan, Tsu, and I a bit to get used to real world names vs screen names, now we switch back and forth at random.

Last edited:
Integral said:
It took Ivan, Tsu, and I a bit to get used to real world names vs screen names, now we switch back and forth at random.

Yes, that's always the oddest part of meeting someone from online for the first time, or even calling them. I feel strange calling someone and saying, "Hi, it's Moonbear," but I figure they might be confused if I introduce myself by my real name the first time. At least when I met Greg and Russ, they use their real names online, so it wasn't so weird. At the last PF gathering, we had to go around and introduce ourselves to Greg by both real life and online names so he could put them together. :smile:

Wait, so Integral, you met up with Tsu and Ivan? Dammit!

Ha ha Om, lol...thats a uh...revealing picture...ha ha...That guy wasn't actually my uncle, he was the local Saab nut, who is a good friend of my father's...

binzing said:
Wait, so Integral, you met up with Tsu and Ivan? Dammit!

Ha ha Om, lol...thats a uh...revealing picture...ha ha...That guy wasn't actually my uncle, he was the local Saab nut, who is a good friend of my father's...

Ivan and Tsu have become quite good friends, we get togather with reqularity.

Speaking of which, Ivan and Tsu, you need to come over for a visit, we have made some subtle changes to the house... see if you can pick them out.

Next year...next year, Integral, Tsu, and Ivan, we will meetup...

http://www.gazettetimes.com/"

About 1/3 way down on the right is a pane with videos, click on the Popular tab and play the "masters of mud" video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Integral said:
http://www.gazettetimes.com/"

About 1/3 way down on the right is a pane with videos, click on the Popular tab and play the "masters of mud" video.

Nothing like good, clean fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
Nothing like good, clean fun!

It was so dreadfully hot. And such a slow race. I think I'll go all three days next year. With my own mud bogging, floating vehicle of course. :rolleyes:

Save me a seat! :biggrin:

Well I just made it home.

Next year, whether or not you (Tsu and Ivan) make it to da Vinci days or OCF, assuming we make the pilgrimage, I should like to meet you.

Tsu said:
Save me a seat! :biggrin:

If I survive Flugtag without breaking a hip I will. And I'm just watching.

binzing said:
Well I just made it home.

Next year, whether or not you (Tsu and Ivan) make it to da Vinci days or OCF, assuming we make the pilgrimage, I should like to meet you.

Yes, maybe we can meet next year. Not only was Tsu down with her broken parts, I have also been slaughtered with work. I had hoped that I might be able to run over to da Vinci Days, but it just wasn't possible. In any event, I'm glad that you all had a good time.

Related to Did you attend Da Vinci Days Tsu? And OmCheeto, did we cross paths?

1. Did you attend Da Vinci Days Tsu?

Yes, I did attend Da Vinci Days Tsu. It was a wonderful event filled with creativity and innovation.

2. What is Da Vinci Days Tsu?

Da Vinci Days Tsu is an annual festival held in Tsu, Japan that celebrates the life and work of Leonardo da Vinci. It includes various activities and events related to science, art, and technology.

3. What is the significance of Da Vinci Days Tsu?

Da Vinci Days Tsu honors the legacy of Leonardo da Vinci and promotes the importance of science, art, and technology in our daily lives. It also brings together people from different backgrounds to share their ideas and collaborate on innovative projects.

4. Did we cross paths at Da Vinci Days Tsu?

I am not sure if we crossed paths at Da Vinci Days Tsu. However, it's possible that we may have attended the same events or participated in similar activities during the festival.

5. How can I participate in Da Vinci Days Tsu?

If you are interested in attending Da Vinci Days Tsu, you can check their official website for information on upcoming events and activities. You can also volunteer or submit a project proposal to be part of the festival.