Who Will Win the UEFA Champions League Final?

• Thread starter -Aladdin-
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary, Manchester United will win the Final 3-1. Ronaldo, Rooney, and Carrick will score. Ferdinand and Vidic will contain Henry. Puyol, well at least Barca will have one centre back!
-Aladdin-
Who will win the Final

Is it :

Manchester United

Or

FC. Barcalona

Physics news on Phys.org
Man Utd to win 3-1; Ronaldo, Rooney and Carrick to score.

I go for Liverpool, but we were knocked out :S.

Glory Glory Man Utd then right Cristo ;).

But with Henry back and puyol , it will make a vast of difference .

-Aladdin- said:
But with Henry back and puyol , it will make a vast of difference .

Ferdinand and Vidic will contain Henry. And Puyol, well at least Barca will have one centre back!

Barcelona, without ANY doubt !

marlon

marlon said:
Barcelona, without ANY doubt !

You mustn't have been watching much football recently if you think it'll be that easy! I wonder how many trophies Man U will have to win this year before people admit that they are the best team in the world? I guess reigning English, European and World champions doesn't mean anything :rolleyes:

cristo said:
You mustn't have been watching much football recently if you think it'll be that easy! I wonder how many trophies Man U will have to win this year before people admit that they are the best team in the world? I guess reigning English, European and World champions doesn't mean anything :rolleyes:

I guess you haven't been watching a whole lot of Barca matches lately as well.
:rolleyes:
marlon

cristo said:

cristo watch out for the Hammers next year.Remember they won the world cup.:biggrin:

marlon said:
I guess you haven't been watching a whole lot of Barca matches lately as well.
:rolleyes:
marlon

I've seen enough.. the last one I recall was game they scraped through with an away goal in the 94 minute.. How did United do in that round again?

Dadface said:
cristo watch out for the Hammers next year.Remember they won the world cup.:biggrin:

Haha, the best of luck to you!

cristo said:
I've seen enough.. the last one I recall was game they scraped through with an away goal in the 94 minute.. How did United do in that round again?
Which is exactly what's going to happen in the final.
You'll see buddy...

marlon

By all rights I think it should have been Chelsea against the Red Devils. Barca pulled out the away goal difference in 94th minute, and I think there was a legitimate hand ball not called. But they were good enough to play Chelsea to the draw, and those are the breaks.

As to ManU they have had a great season, the FA Cup final was missed on the pk's to Everton, Premier League Champion again and they were the front runner from before Christmas, and now Champions League they managed the 1-0 shutout of Porto away that they needed, and they dismantled the Gunners 4 - 1 on aggregate to get their ticket to Rome.

Whether they win the big game in Rome or not, I think they have been the best side in the sport this year. Ronaldo Rooney Berbatov Teves Giggs Evra Nani Macheda Vidic Ferdinand Van der Sar, They have a phenomenal team. Barca has some good players too like Henry Messi Iniesta Eto'o, Alvarez, but ManU looks top to bottom formidable, if all their top players are fit on the pitch, and they have more on the bench if the occasion warrants. They would be my pick to have the edge in Rome.

Yep, You're right lowly , it were going to happen but the referee played a big part in that game.
But Lowly its liverpool who had to go through against chelsea , it was an awesome match.;)

-Aladdin- said:
Yep, You're right lowly , it were going to happen but the referee played a big part in that game.
But Lowly its liverpool who had to go through against chelsea , it was an awesome match.;)

Liverpool was pretty sweet at times this year. I think they managed to play beyond their talent in the league. Arsenal too. ManU and Chelsea seem to be a hare better. There is talk that the Gunners are going to to open up the purse a bit to give Arsene Wenger more to work with next year though.

Looks like Teves will be gone for ManU after Rome, but next year will be a pretty challenging year for a lot of sides with 2010 a World Cup year and all the shuttling between country clubs and league clubs.

I'll definitely be watching the Roma match. Last year's final was hard to beat though for drama. I'd guess a 2-1 or 3-2 final score with Manu U topping the final table. Ferguson always seems to have them ready in the big matches.

LowlyPion said:
By all rights I think it should have been Chelsea against the Red Devils. Barca pulled out the away goal difference in 94th minute, and I think there was a legitimate hand ball not called. But they were good enough to play Chelsea to the draw, and those are the breaks.

I agree that there were a couple of penalty shouts that probably should have been given, but then again there was a clear foul in the box on Henry in the first game which wasn't awarded: such is football. Chelsea's biggest mistake were that they were happy to hang onto a 1-0 lead, something they do all too often. You just can't afford to do that at home in Europe.

As to ManU they have had a great season, the FA Cup final was missed on the pk's to Everton,

In retrospect, Fergie may be kicking himself for not playing his first team, but then again we won the Premier league and are in the final of the champions league, so he may have made the right decision.

we are missing the most important thing in big matches, which experience, were Sir have.
but no doubt barcalona is going to amaze all football watchers.

cristo said:
In retrospect, Fergie may be kicking himself for not playing his first team, but then again we won the Premier league and are in the final of the champions league, so he may have made the right decision.

That's what makes doing a triple like that so daunting - the scheduling when all the brackets end at the end of the season. Maybe if he had the Premier League already in hand ... but with Liverpool hanging on their shoulder and dogging them all the way, and Chelsea not far away they couldn't have afforded to ease off the gas anywhere. They had chances even as it was to win the game outright before extra time, but when it went to kicks I figured without Van der Sar it was not as promising as last year's PKs in the Champion's League Final. Ah well, ... wait til next year.

-Aladdin- said:
but no doubt barcalona is going to amaze all football watchers.

They are certainly capable of winning. There is no question they have the talent to. Even against the Red Devils. If they can put together some inspired attacks and play the whole 90 with passion and determination like they did with Chelsea, I think they can do it.

But that presupposes that ManU doesn't play inspired as well. And Manu U can always bring in subs late and fresh that are as good as most other teams starters.

LowlyPion said:
They are certainly capable of winning.
In my point of view, It will be Barca's game if and only if Man Utd won't score in the opening minutes

Port Vale is going to win obviously.

-Aladdin- said:
In my point of view, It will be Barca's game if and only if Man Utd won't score in the opening minutes

Early or late, ManU will be able to score.

Of course if they don't score early, conditional probabilities alone would suggest it will be a closer game.

LowlyPion said:
Early or late, ManU will be able to score.

Of course if they don't score early, conditional probabilities alone would suggest it will be a closer game.
No, If you watched Man utd previous games in the champions league and the league, if they score in the opening minutes the game will be over, against porto , Inter ... and against arsenal.

Who watched last night UEFA cup ... Bremen and shakter

Manu Manu Manu we love you ,were going to win

John, Man Utd by how much? score

I usually root for ManU but since I prefer the players in Barca slightly (Messi, Henry, Eto'o) I'm going to side with them this year.

Who goes for a barca 3-0 win ??

-Aladdin- said:
Who goes for a barca 3-0 win ??

Pff, you think Man Utd won't score? That's not very likely!

cristo said:
Pff, you think Man Utd won't score? That's not very likely!

I have a believe , if Man Utd won't score in the opening minutes they will be eaten by Barca .

Werg22 said:
I usually root for ManU but since I prefer the players in Barca slightly (Messi, Henry, Eto'o) I'm going to side with them this year.

Well there's great players on both sides.

Ronaldo and Rooney I think have matured. I used to think they were both a little reckless and self absorbed, and not team players so much, but I can imagine that comes with the big cash. This past year I think they have played brilliantly, not to mention the recent additions of those like Nani, Tevez, Berbatov and Merchado and the emergence of Vidic to more prominence. I think it is quite an assembly.

Don't get me wrong, Henry is still one of my favorites, but I would wish he was with the Gunners still. And I would add Iniesta and Alves to your list for Barca as standouts. It should be every bit as good a game as ManU and Chelsea would have been. Though I prefer this match-up as the Blues and the Devils have already met a couple of times this year.

I'm just looking forward to what I think will be a great game, with great skills on display.

Greg Bernhardt said:
This game will be about the back lines of each team. Both are depleted.

Not necessarily: there's still a good chance that Ferdinand will make it.

Greg Bernhardt said:
This game will be about the back lines of each team. Both are depleted.

I see that Henry and Iniesta didn't practice today.

Henry's availability will be a game day decision due to injury.

Messi didn't practice either, but he was apparently resting up.

My guess is that they will all play. There has to be drama after all. Spaniards (among others including the sports shows) love a drama.

Well, henry will start on the bench if he's not that fit.
Iniesta will absolutly be in the first 11 team.

-Aladdin- said:
Iniesta will absolutly be in the first 11 team.

Not if he isn't fit, he won't :wink:

Anyway, this is all just part of the standard mindgame: I would expect both of them to be fit enough to start on Wednesday.

As Greg says, though, the main injury doubts are in the defence, especially that of Barca-- they have at least three defenders that are out. I hope we can tear apart a second strength defence.

Puyol is fit right?