Who is this celebrity mathematician?

• Thread starter kaotak
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the discussion of who the celebrity mathematician referred to as DD could be. It is revealed that DD is actually a famous quantum physicist named David Deutsch, much to the surprise of some of the participants. There is also mention of another DD, Danny Danger, who is not a mathematician but shares the same initials. The conversation ends with a playful exchange about the different meanings of DD.
kaotak
So I'm curious... :eek: Who is this celebrity mathematician I have seen referred to as DD?

Physics news on Phys.org
Donald Duck?

Ooops... sorry. Forgot that this isn't the Disney thread.

Zz.

Evo's boyfriend?

My dream man, always to be just a dream.

DD is probably the famous quantum physicist David Deutsch.

What! David Deutsch? He's— famous! I saw him talk and I saw his book! I thought Evo's "dream man" was just "some quantum physicist"

(Haha, how pathetic "I saw him once!")

Mk said:
What! David Deutsch? He's— famous! I saw him talk and I saw his book! I thought Evo's "dream man" was just "some quantum physicist"

(Haha, how pathetic "I saw him once!")
Don't rub it in.

Evo said:
Don't rub it in.
Uh! ok? You didn't see him once did you?

Mk said:
Uh! ok? You didn't see him once did you?
Not in person.

Evo said:
Not in person.

You did see him in a parallel universe.

Hmmm... am I going to have to launch a lawsuit? Around here, DD is me... Danny Danger. Given that I have no math ability, though, I suppose that there's no possibility of us being mistaken for each other.

Danger said:
Hmmm... am I going to have to launch a lawsuit? Around here, DD is me... Danny Danger. Given that I have no math ability, though, I suppose that there's no possibility of us being mistaken for each other.

You can't spell Danger without Danny... Oh wait, that's not right...

i thought it was "dear daughter?"

What has happened to make kaotak's account get disabled?

I think DD's kind, but I'm not sure..

Related to Who is this celebrity mathematician?

1. Who is this celebrity mathematician?

This is a common question asked by people who are not familiar with the field of mathematics. A celebrity mathematician is someone who has gained recognition and fame for their contributions and achievements in the field of mathematics.

2. How did this celebrity mathematician become famous?

There are various ways in which a mathematician can become famous. This could be through groundbreaking research, developing new theories or concepts, winning prestigious awards, or making significant contributions to the field that have a lasting impact.

3. What are some of the notable achievements of this celebrity mathematician?

This question is often asked by people who are interested in learning more about the person's contributions to the field. Some notable achievements of a celebrity mathematician could include solving a long-standing mathematical problem, developing a new mathematical concept or theory, or making significant advancements in a particular area of mathematics.

4. What inspired this celebrity mathematician to pursue a career in mathematics?

Many people are curious about the motivations behind a celebrity mathematician's career choice. Some mathematicians are inspired by a particular problem or concept, while others may have had a mentor or teacher who encouraged their interest in mathematics. Some may simply have a natural aptitude and passion for the subject.

5. What impact has this celebrity mathematician had on the field of mathematics?

This question is often asked to understand the significance of a mathematician's contributions. A celebrity mathematician may have influenced and advanced the field in various ways, such as introducing new techniques or approaches, inspiring future generations of mathematicians, or making complex concepts more accessible to the general public.