Preliminary proof P = NP leaked friday

• Thread starter Stevo6754
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, P = NP is a mathematical problem that explores the equivalence of two types of problems and has significant implications for computational complexity. The leaked preliminary proof has sparked excitement and discussion, but it has not been formally verified yet. The identity of the leaker is unknown, but it is believed to have been accidentally uploaded to a public server. If the proof is verified, it would be a major breakthrough with implications for various fields. The next step is for the scientific community to carefully review and analyze the proof before potentially publishing it as a solution to the P = NP problem.
Technology news on Phys.org
just a few weeks ago people were saying the Poincare Conjecture was the problem of the century, but now...
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6477443-vinay-deolalikar-has-claimed-to-solve-the-biggest-dilemma-of-the-century

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, dang. There goes my easy million.

I tried dabbling with this problem for a while. I learned a lot about computational complexity along the way. I didn't make any real headway in solving the problem, but I won in the end because learning was my real goal.

Related to Preliminary proof P = NP leaked friday

What is P = NP and why is it significant?

P = NP is a mathematical problem in computer science that asks whether or not two types of problems, P and NP, are equivalent. If P = NP is proven to be true, it would have major implications for computational complexity and the ability to efficiently solve many important problems in various fields.

What is the significance of the leaked preliminary proof?

The leaked preliminary proof has caused a lot of excitement and discussion among the scientific community, as it potentially provides a solution to the P = NP problem. However, it is important to note that the proof has not been formally verified and it may take time for it to be thoroughly reviewed and accepted by the scientific community.

Who leaked the preliminary proof and how did it happen?

The identity of the person who leaked the preliminary proof is currently unknown. It is believed that the proof was accidentally uploaded to a public server by one of the authors, and it was quickly downloaded and shared by others in the scientific community.

What are the potential implications if the preliminary proof is verified?

If the preliminary proof is verified and accepted by the scientific community, it would provide a major breakthrough in computer science and mathematics. It would have implications for a wide range of fields, including cryptography, optimization, and artificial intelligence.

What is the next step in the process of verifying the preliminary proof?

The next step would be for the scientific community to carefully review and analyze the preliminary proof. This process may take some time as it involves checking the validity and rigor of the proof, and potentially finding any errors or flaws. If the proof is found to be valid, it would then be published and considered as a potential solution to the P = NP problem.