Photo Contest - On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever (8/13-8/19)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever" and is open to any photos that capture this theme, such as landscapes, cityscapes, and sunsets. To enter, participants must submit their photo through the contest's designated submission form and follow all instructions and guidelines. Minor edits are allowed, but major alterations will result in disqualification. The contest will be judged by a panel of photographers and experts, and winners will be announced on the contest's website and social media pages.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever

You may interpret the theme any way you wish, but it must have a clear representation of the phrase "On a clear day, you can see forever".

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
A theme with a clear bias against Oregonians. :biggrin:

It might rain on Monday. :rolleyes:

6041389077_0f5a245752_b.jpg

107nejd.jpg

[PLAIN]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4153/dsc80431.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/673/img98552.jpg

Topher925, is that the great wall of china?? *raise white flag* Your photograph fits the title perfectly!

khemist, awesome photo. Lolz is he talking on the cellphone? I don't know why I find that funny. I guess it's just a reminder how "busy" we are.

Andy, love your picture! The sky is really clear. I've been trying to get a good picture of the sunset/sunrise, but have yet capture one I'm satisfy with. But this is gorgeous! I really like the color.

[PLAIN]http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/1488/p1090364a.jpg

Perfect water reflection of the boats and the sky, really looked like the boats were sitting on a mirrored surface.

sourlemon said:
khemist, awesome photo. Lolz is he talking on the cellphone? I don't know why I find that funny. I guess it's just a reminder how "busy" we are.

Yea he is on his cell phone. The funny part is that was probably the best photo of the day, and we were doing all kinds of skating shots.

It just occurred to me that the only picture from Croatia I posted so far fits perfectly:

uvala.jpg

Main land (closing the view, behind the island on the left) is about 30 kilometers away. From a different point, and looking about 30 degrees to the left, you can look alongshore the Hvar - and the most distant points on the main land are about 45 kilometers away. That's quite often too far, and they are hidden behind fog/aerosols/contamination.

sourlemon said:
Andy, love your picture! The sky is really clear. I've been trying to get a good picture of the sunset/sunrise, but have yet capture one I'm satisfy with. But this is gorgeous! I really like the color.

Thanks! I'm very pleased with it as well!

Wow! Great photos.

far.jpg

I do apologize for the terrible quality, it was a 60 second exposure, on a stationary tripod.

Andy Resnick said:
[PLAIN]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4153/dsc80431.jpg[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the album art for "Hotel California"for some reason.

marzena_clear_day.jpg

Final day to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

Related to Photo Contest - On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever (8/13-8/19)

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever."

2. What types of photos are eligible for the contest?

Any photo that captures the theme of "On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever" is eligible for the contest. This could include landscapes, cityscapes, sunsets, or any other clear and expansive views.

3. How do I enter my photo into the contest?

To enter the photo contest, you must submit your photo through the designated submission form on the contest's website. Make sure to follow all instructions and guidelines for submission.

4. Are there any restrictions on editing the photos?

Minor edits, such as cropping or adjusting brightness, are allowed. However, major alterations or manipulation of the photo will result in disqualification from the contest.

5. Who will be judging the contest and how will the winners be selected?

The contest will be judged by a panel of esteemed photographers and experts in the field. They will evaluate each entry based on creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme. The winners will be announced on the contest's website and social media pages.