ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
In summary, ZappperZ was promoted from advisor to mentor on this forum for his great posts and contributions. He is a true inspiration to everyone here.
Bladibla
..For becoming a Super mentor on this forum. You are a true inspiration to (hopefully) everyone on this forum.

Hope you do a good job!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yay Zapper Z! :approve:

As Kermit the Frog says "it's not easy being green". :-p

You're right,both smilies were green...:-p

CONGRATULATIONS,ZAPPER Z ! (zee,not zed :wink:)

Daniel.

I don't mind being called "ZapperZed", because frankly, I've been called worse! :)

Thank you, everyone.

Zz.

Wow! That was a quick promotion from advisor to mentor. We're going to have to have a talk with Greg about your "Physics guru" ribbon clashing with the green "Super Mentor" bar. We know he's a bit color-challenged. LOL!

Congrats! It's well-deserved. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
We know he's a bit color-challenged. LOL!

That hit right to the heart :cry:

Greg Bernhardt said:
That hit right to the heart :cry:
:frown: :shy: Aww...I didn't mean to make you cry. You know I only say that out of love and affection. :approve: :biggrin:

Congrats, ZapperZ!!!!111

Congratulations, Sæppersett!

Excellent! Congratulations, ZZ!

The buck stops with ZZ, keep reading what he says.

Well deserved.

Well done zapper!

Congragulations, ZapperZ, i must say i always find useful information in your posts and links, i especially liked the link with plenty papers from scientists such as Scrondinger, Einstein, Bohr and others.

Zz complains a lot. One cranky post and he goes incandescent. Greg is just trying to placate him... Just picking on you Zz, grats!

Chronos said:
Zz complains a lot. One cranky post and he goes incandescent. Greg is just trying to placate him... Just picking on you Zz, grats!

Incandescent... hum... I actually like that! There's a certain glow to it. :)

Thanks everyone! There is never a boring day here in PF.

Zz.

ZapperZ, perhaps your could elucidate the etymology of your forum name? Are you a high voltage guy; one who has a lot of potential?

Ivan Seeking said:
ZapperZ, perhaps your could elucidate the etymology of your forum name? Are you a high voltage guy; one who has a lot of potential?

Hey, are you trying to be punny? :)

.. and you shouldn't be using "big" words like "etymology" with me either. I may not know what it means. :)

There is a very long and boring origin to that name. Just suffice to say that I've been using it on the 'net and local BBS's since... oh... 1993? So I'm stuck with it, more or less.

Zz.

Great job Zapper! I've learned so much from your posts over the last year. You're truly a cornerstone of this site.

Related to ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration

1. What is "ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration"?

"ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration" is a book written by scientist and educator, Dr. ZapperZ. It is a collection of his personal experiences, insights, and advice on pursuing a career in the sciences.

2. Who is Dr. ZapperZ?

Dr. ZapperZ is a pseudonym for a renowned scientist and educator who has been in the field for over 30 years. He is known for his contributions to the fields of physics and engineering, as well as for his mentorship and guidance to aspiring scientists.

3. What can I learn from "ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration"?

The book covers a wide range of topics, including the scientific method, research techniques, networking, career development, and work-life balance. It also includes personal anecdotes and advice from Dr. ZapperZ's own experiences, making it a valuable resource for anyone interested in a career in the sciences.

4. Is "ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration" only for scientists?

No, the book is not only for scientists. While it does cover topics specific to the field of science, such as research and career development, the book also offers valuable insights and advice that can be applied to any career or life path.

5. How can I get a copy of "ZapperZ: A Super Mentor and an Inspiration"?

The book is available for purchase online through various booksellers. You can also check with your local library, as they may have a copy available for borrowing. Additionally, Dr. ZapperZ occasionally offers free copies of the book through his website and social media channels.