10kw induction heater, levitation

In summary: Your Name]In summary, a forum member has shared their 10kw induction heater, which is capable of boiling steel and copper in a few seconds and levitating objects with a magnetic field. They are considering using it for induction forging and have provided a tutorial on how it was built. As a scientist, the speaker is interested in learning more about the design and potential applications of this technology. They also ask for more information on the power source and any experiments conducted with different types of metals.
imsmooth
I don't know if this is the right section of the physics forum, but I thought people might be interested in viewing a 10kw induction heater. I can boil steel and copper in a few seconds; with a special coil I can levitate it in mid-air with a magnetic field. Currently , I am thinking about using it for induction forging.

Here is a video. There are more within my youtube account

Here is a tutorial on how it was built

http://www.mindchallenger.com/inductionheater

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
.html
Thank you for sharing your induction heater with us. It is always exciting to see new technologies being developed and applied in various fields.

I am particularly interested in the principles behind your induction heater and its potential applications. Induction heating is a well-established technique in the field of materials science and engineering, and it has been used for various purposes such as welding, heat treatment, and melting metals.

I am impressed by the power of your induction heater, being able to boil steel and copper in just a few seconds. This is a testament to the efficiency of the induction heating process. The ability to levitate objects using a magnetic field is also a fascinating application of this technology.

I am curious about the specific design and components of your induction heater. Could you provide more information on the coil and power source used? Also, have you conducted any experiments or studies on the effects of induction forging on different types of metals?

Thank you for sharing the tutorial on how you built your induction heater. I will definitely check it out and learn more about the construction and operation of such a device.

I look forward to hearing more about your induction heater and its potential uses in the future.

FAQ: 10kw induction heater, levitation

1. What is a 10kw induction heater and how does it work?

A 10kw induction heater is a type of heating device that uses electromagnetic induction to generate heat. It works by creating a magnetic field around a conductive material, such as a metal object, which causes eddy currents to flow and heat up the material.

2. How does levitation occur in a 10kw induction heater?

Levitation in a 10kw induction heater happens when the magnetic field created by the heater interacts with the magnetic field of a conductive material, causing it to float in midair. This occurs due to the repulsion between the two magnetic fields.

3. What are the main applications of a 10kw induction heater?

A 10kw induction heater has a wide range of applications, including heating and melting metals, soldering, brazing, and annealing. It can also be used for non-contact heating in various industries such as automotive, aerospace, and electronics.

4. Is a 10kw induction heater safe to use?

Yes, a 10kw induction heater is generally considered safe to use. As it uses electromagnetic induction, it does not produce any flames, sparks, or fumes, making it a safer option compared to traditional heating methods. However, it is important to follow proper safety precautions and instructions when operating the heater.

5. Can a 10kw induction heater be used for levitation of non-metallic objects?

No, a 10kw induction heater is primarily designed for levitating conductive materials. Non-metallic objects do not have the same magnetic properties and therefore cannot be levitated using this type of heater.

Back