Possible explanations for meteor like observations?

Algr
TL;DR Summary
Getting ready to find the Nova. Saw flashes.
My friend and I were looking at constellations to find where T Coronae Borealis will be. There were lots of meteors, despite not quite being time for the Perseids. It was thursday, around 10pm. We also saw satellites, and something else: Singular flashes like from a camera. At first I thought these might be meteors that were shooting straight at us. But they seemed to blink too fast for that, and there were no "almosts" that just moved a little bit. Any idea what these are?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Algr said:
Getting ready to find the Nova. Saw flashes.
Any idea what these are?
Specular reflections from satellites or space junk.
Eyes, adapted to the dark, will see flashes due to chemical noise.

• Informative
Likes Algr
Thank you Baluncore!

Also, T Coronae Borealis is generally described as being "Between Bootes and Hercules". But these constellations are too dim to be seen in most suburban areas. However, Alphekka (in Coronae Borealis) is part of a big equilateral triangle that I can see at home, and has a fourth star right in it's center. This triangle is strangely hard to find on star maps, so when it gets dark tonight I'll try to figure out the name of the other stars. Then I can tell people: "Follow the handle of the big dipper to the big pyramid"

Are people going to get mad at me for redrawing the constellations like this?

This sounded like an airplane to me if regular and space junk if irregular, or some early Perseides.

We saw plenty of airplanes, this was different. Singular instantaneous flashes, and then nothing. We both would see them together so not "chemical noise" Specular reflections sounds the most likely to me.