About Mathematical Analysis by Zorich

In summary: The answer to the first question is that a is equal to c + e. The answer to the second question is that a is not equal to b+c.
wdjhit
I'm reading this book now. I like it because it's rigorous and interesting but I have too much difficulty solving the exercises. What's worse, Zorich didn't give the answers. Where can I find the answers? I mean is there a book or something that gives the answers or even just some hints to the exercises? If there's not, then how should I use this book? Is it worth reading if the exercises are skipped?

By the way, my English is not good, if you can't understand my questions, just tell me and I'll try my best to explain.

Physics news on Phys.org
The vast majority of books at this level don't have answers. I can only think of one or two real analysis books with answers, and they're problem books, not theory books.

I would suggest to keep doing the book. If you want to check an answer, you can always post in the homework forum. You'll get good feedback very quickly! (Yes, do post in the homework forum even if you're self studying).

But please, do not skip the exercises. The exercises are the most important part of a math book. You should really attempt to make them all.

Likes 1 person
Binmore is an analysis book with answers, but it criticized of "holding your hand too much". Ross has answers widely available, but it is also not as intense as something like Rudin. If you feel like you don't have the mathematical maturity to tackle a harder analysis book, there's absolutely nothing wrong with starting with the easier ones (think of training wheels: no shame in attaching them until you can ride alone). In fact, many universities (in the USA) have courses that ease the students up the rigorous math classes.

Likes 1 person
Thank you, micromass and hsetennis. Your advice enlightens me a lot. Maybe I can still read Zorich's book and at the same time, get an exercise book which is related. Anyway, those books are not hard to find.

wdjhit said:
I'm reading this book now. I like it because it's rigorous and interesting but I have too much difficulty solving the exercises. What's worse, Zorich didn't give the answers. Where can I find the answers? I mean is there a book or something that gives the answers or even just some hints to the exercises? If there's not, then how should I use this book? Is it worth reading if the exercises are skipped?

By the way, my English is not good, if you can't understand my questions, just tell me and I'll try my best to explain.
In Zorich's book, what is the answer to the following questions for 2 a, c and e?
Please reply to deerfriends@gmail.com
Thanks!

upload_2015-5-18_15-58-15.png

FAQ: About Mathematical Analysis by Zorich

1. What is Mathematical Analysis by Zorich?

Mathematical Analysis by Zorich is a comprehensive textbook that covers topics in mathematical analysis, including calculus, real analysis, and complex analysis. It is written for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in mathematics and related fields.

2. Who is the author of Mathematical Analysis by Zorich?

The author of Mathematical Analysis by Zorich is Dr. Vladimir A. Zorich, a renowned mathematician and professor at Moscow State University. He has written several textbooks in mathematics and has made significant contributions to the fields of analysis and topology.

3. What topics are covered in Mathematical Analysis by Zorich?

Mathematical Analysis by Zorich covers a wide range of topics in mathematical analysis, including limits, continuity, differentiation, integration, sequences and series, and more. It also includes sections on metric spaces, multivariable calculus, and complex analysis.

4. Is Mathematical Analysis by Zorich suitable for self-study?

Yes, Mathematical Analysis by Zorich can be used for self-study, but it is also commonly used as a textbook in university courses. The book includes many exercises and examples to help readers understand the material, and there are also solutions available online for selected exercises.

5. What makes Mathematical Analysis by Zorich a popular textbook?

Mathematical Analysis by Zorich is a popular textbook because it provides a clear and rigorous approach to mathematical analysis. It is well-written and organized, with many helpful examples and exercises. It also covers a wide range of topics and has been praised for its thoroughness and depth of coverage.