AC Circuit with possibly nodal analysis

In summary, the conversation discusses solving for Va and Vb using impedance equations for capacitors and inductors. The handwriting is difficult to read, so it is suggested to type out the work. Zc and the voltage are incorrect and need to be corrected using Kirchhoff's current law. Zc is -200i and the generator voltage is 300 V at 0 degrees. The person apologizes for their handwriting and agrees to type out their work in the future.
irivce

Homework Statement

l4SBWG4.jpg

Homework Equations

impedance equations for capacitors and inductors

The Attempt at a Solution

SsyxOmil.jpg

I thought something like that might do and then just do a matrix and solve for Va, but I am having second thoughts seems like I am over doing it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your handwriting is hardly readable. Why don't you type in your work?

Check your writing if it is at least dimensionally correct.

Zc is wrong.

Voltage divided by impedance can not be voltage, so your equation for Va and Vb are wrong.
Check what impedances are parallel / series.

If you use complex impedance, use also the complex form of the voltage.

ehild

Because that would take me the whole night.

Sorry both equations are suppose to equal to zero, kirchhoffs current law, right ?

For Zc, would it be -200i ?

and the voltage as 300 @ 0 degrees ?

1vxu3Erl.jpg

this is what I was basing myself on if its any help.

irivce said:
Because that would take me the whole night.

Sorry both equations are suppose to equal to zero, kirchhoffs current law, right ?

For Zc, would it be -200i ?

and the voltage as 300 @ 0 degrees ?

I see you consider your time more dear than the time of your helpers.

Yes, Zc=-200i.

Yes, the sum at a node is zero.

Yes, the generator voltage is 300 V @ 0 degrees.

ehild

Likes 1 person
Alright thank you, sorry for the crappy handwriting ill type it out next time

FAQ: AC Circuit with possibly nodal analysis

1. What is an AC circuit?

An AC circuit is a type of electrical circuit that carries an alternating current, meaning that the direction of the current changes periodically. This is in contrast to a DC circuit, which carries a constant current in one direction.

2. What is nodal analysis in an AC circuit?

Nodal analysis is a method used to analyze an AC circuit by identifying and analyzing the voltage at each node, or connection point, in the circuit. This allows for the determination of the current and voltage at any point in the circuit.

3. How is nodal analysis performed in an AC circuit?

Nodal analysis is performed by applying Kirchhoff's current law, which states that the sum of all currents entering a node must equal the sum of all currents leaving the node. By setting up equations based on this law for each node in the circuit, the voltage at each node can be solved for.

4. What are the advantages of using nodal analysis in an AC circuit?

Nodal analysis is a powerful tool for analyzing complex AC circuits because it allows for the determination of voltage and current at any point in the circuit. It also simplifies the analysis process by reducing the number of equations that need to be solved.

5. Are there any limitations to using nodal analysis in an AC circuit?

While nodal analysis is a useful method for analyzing AC circuits, it does have some limitations. It can become more complex and time-consuming for circuits with a large number of nodes, and it may not be the most efficient method for all types of circuits. Additionally, nodal analysis assumes that all components in the circuit are linear, which may not always be the case.