Accelerated Motion in [2]- initial speed and launch angle

In summary, to find the initial speed and launch angle of the projectile, you will need to use kinematic equations and the projectile motion equations for the x and y components. Start by determining the initial y-velocity and total time of flight using relevant equations.
hsphysics2

Homework Statement

The range of a projectile is 483m, and it reached a maximum height of 65m. What were the initial speed and launch angle of the projectile? Assume the start and finish heights are equal.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I just need a push in the right direction. I know I'll have to do some algebra and sub eq'ns into other eq'ns but I'm not sure where to start

Physics news on Phys.org
hsphysics2 said:

Homework Statement

The range of a projectile is 483m, and it reached a maximum height of 65m. What were the initial speed and launch angle of the projectile? Assume the start and finish heights are equal.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I just need a push in the right direction. I know I'll have to do some algebra and sub eq'ns into other eq'ns but I'm not sure where to start
Start by gathering together all the kinematic equations you think might be relevant. For example, you're given the maximum height; What equations might you use to determine the initial y-velocity and total time of flight? The usual projectile motion equations for the x and y components are always good to include.

Related to Accelerated Motion in [2]- initial speed and launch angle

1. What is accelerated motion?

Accelerated motion is the motion of an object that is changing its velocity over time. It can be caused by a change in speed, direction, or both.

2. What factors affect accelerated motion?

The factors that affect accelerated motion include initial speed, launch angle, air resistance, and the force or impulse applied to the object.

3. How does initial speed affect accelerated motion?

The initial speed of an object greatly affects its accelerated motion. The higher the initial speed, the faster the object will accelerate and the farther it will travel.

4. How does launch angle affect accelerated motion?

The launch angle is the angle at which an object is launched into motion. The launch angle determines the object's trajectory and the distance it will travel. A higher launch angle will result in a longer horizontal distance traveled, while a lower launch angle will result in a shorter horizontal distance.

5. What is the relationship between initial speed and launch angle in accelerated motion?

The relationship between initial speed and launch angle in accelerated motion is that a higher initial speed and a lower launch angle will result in a longer horizontal distance traveled, while a lower initial speed and a higher launch angle will result in a shorter horizontal distance traveled.