Accelerating Particle: Proton Transformations

• Thread starter towuzzi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Particle
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a proton transforming due to being accelerated in a circular motion and the potential effects of increasing energy on a particle. However, the question is deemed unclear and unreasonable due to the lack of evidence and the use of an unrealistic assumption.
towuzzi
i wanted to know whether if a particle let's say a proton is accelerated in a circular motion will there reach a point in time where the forces on the electron would be so great that it will transform the particle

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think the question makes sense. You're moving a proton in a circular path, where does an electron come into this?

I'd like to know where the electron comes into this one as well.

Unrelated to that, we have sent protons around circles a lot. There's nothing so far in both what we have observed experimentally, and in the physics, that would indicate any kind of transformation of a proton JUST simply from it moving in a circle and under such forces. Thus, I'm curious to find out from the OP as to the impetus of such a question.

Zz.

Make sure your questions make sense before asking them...

guys thanks for the correction all i wanted to ask is that if a particle let's say an electron is sent through a LHC and we keep increasing the input energy what will happen to the particle let's assume we have infinite energy

towuzzi said:
guys thanks for the correction all i wanted to ask is that if a particle let's say an electron is sent through a LHC and we keep increasing the input energy what will happen to the particle let's assume we have infinite energy

Based on our present knowledge, nothing. But our present knowledge does not include availability of "infinite energy". So you're asking us to use unreasonable assumption to make reasonable conclusion, which often produces absurd answers.

Zz.

FAQ: Accelerating Particle: Proton Transformations

What is a proton transformation?

A proton transformation is a process in which a proton undergoes a change in its properties, such as its energy or direction of motion, due to interactions with other particles or fields. This can occur in various contexts, such as in particle accelerators or during nuclear reactions.

What is an accelerating particle?

An accelerating particle is a particle that is gaining energy as it moves through a force field. This force field could be generated by an electric field, a magnetic field, or a combination of both. In the context of particle accelerators, these particles are often protons that are being accelerated to high speeds and energies for research purposes.

Why do scientists study accelerating particle: proton transformations?

Scientists study accelerating particle: proton transformations because they provide insights into the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern their behavior. By observing and understanding how protons transform and interact with other particles and fields, scientists can gain a better understanding of the universe on both a micro and macro scale.

What is the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and how does it relate to accelerating particle: proton transformations?

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator. It is located at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland and is used to accelerate protons to nearly the speed of light. By colliding these accelerated protons, scientists can study the resulting particle transformations and gain insights into the fundamental properties of matter and the universe.

What practical applications do accelerating particle: proton transformations have?

Accelerating particle: proton transformations have many practical applications, such as in medical imaging and cancer treatment. Proton therapy, a type of cancer treatment, uses accelerated protons to target and destroy cancer cells while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Particle accelerators are also used in industrial and technological processes, such as in the production of semiconductors and in materials analysis.