Accidents Happen: Surviving a Cut Foot with Duct Tape

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cut
In summary, the person's foot was cut open on a jutting piece of broken glass, put neosporin on it, folded some facial tissues and duct taped it, and then sat out the playing of PF because they had other injuries to take care of. Super glue would have been perfect for this situation, as the person had done that the day before their bike test. The person also had other injuries from walking around Chicago in "cute" sandals, getting a blister between their toes, and then wearing "not-quite-as-cute" flip flops. The person has gone through too many injuries to not have enough bandages, and was out of bandages until after they gash the side
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Why is it you don't realize that you are out of bandages until *after* you gash the side of your foot open on a jutting piece of broken glass? Damn, it hurts.

Ok, I put neosporin on it and folded some facial tissues and duct taped it to my foot. I don't look like a freak or anything.

It's not like I got my foot stuck in a boot. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
geez! Is this foot injury month at PF?

Math Is Hard said:
geez! Is this foot injury month at PF?
Put on your steel toed boots MIH!

Everyone seems to be doing their best to hospitalise themselves. If you don't mind I think I'll sit this PF game out. Take more care Evo :-p

Someone here has to come up with a fashionable Kevlar body suit for the sisterhood to keep them out of the ER. Think Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill"...

Here we have the latest in leisure wear from the Evo-Tribdog line.

Project_Grizzly_%28film%29.jpg

Last edited:
Evo said:
Why is it you don't realize that you are out of bandages until *after* you gash the side of your foot open on a jutting piece of broken glass? Damn, it hurts.

Ok, I put neosporin on it and folded some facial tissues and duct taped it to my foot. I don't look like a freak or anything.

It's not like I got my foot stuck in a boot. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Super glue is perfect for this situation!

I did that the day before my bike test, then I couldn't get my boot on over the bandage.
I turned up for the test in black leather + kevlar bike gear, one stylish kevlar reinforced race boot and one rubber wellington.

Evo said:
Why is it you don't realize that you are out of bandages until *after* you gash the side of your foot open on a jutting piece of broken glass?
How is that one gashed one's foot open on a jutting piece of broken glass? :frown:

Evo said:
Put on your steel toed boots MIH!

I already took care of my foot injuries for the month...those were the horrendous blisters (are they still considered blisters if you rub the skin completely off your foot?) I had from walking around Chicago in "cute" sandals at the beginning of the month, then got a blister between my toes when I switched to wearing "not-quite-as-cute" flip flops, and finally gave up and wore the hot sneakers with socks (hot as in foot temperature, not as in better than cute ). Apparently the only way to avoid getting blisters from my shoes lately seems to be going barefoot. :rolleyes:

It's a sure sign you injure yourself too often if you've run out of bandages without enough time since the last injury to realize you need to restock your supply.

Astronuc said:
How is that one gashed one's foot open on a jutting piece of broken glass? :frown:
I broke a large piece of glass and placed the pieces into a garbage bag, a piece pierced the garbage bag and was sticking out and I walked too close and <SLASH> .My next post will be when I carry the trash bag outside, forgetting about the jutting glass and slash my legs. (not that I haven't already done that) :redface:

Moonbear said:
I already took care of my foot injuries for the month...those were the horrendous blisters (are they still considered blisters if you rub the skin completely off your foot?) I had from walking around Chicago in "cute" sandals at the beginning of the month, then got a blister between my toes when I switched to wearing "not-quite-as-cute" flip flops, and finally gave up and wore the hot sneakers with socks (hot as in foot temperature, not as in better than cute ). Apparently the only way to avoid getting blisters from my shoes lately seems to be going barefoot. :rolleyes:
Oh I hate that, men don't appreciate what women go through to wear cute shoes.

Evo said:

I'm a man (honest) and I can safely say its only women who like cute shoes. I don't care if you like wearing your oldest and most worn out pair of trainers as long as you aren't cutting you feet to shreds. :bugeye:

I will never forget the time I wore a pair of 3" high heels and my cousin dragged me around Paris on foot, going UP and down cobblestone streets. The next day my leg muscles were so sore I wanted to die. Thankfully the day after I took the train to Nice and just lied around for a week. My female cousins borrowed my shoes.

Last edited:
I just went to a wedding reception, was a lot of fun my cousin got hitched to a real lovely lady.

But didn't get a taxi home because there were too many people, and I think we ordered them all.

Walked home in new smart shoes, now have blisters on my feet, and blood leaking from my heals, and the worst thing is I could of just crashed at a friends house, but I didn't? Why? I'm wondering myself. Still no pain no gain :wink:

Here's a tip on pain, in order not to feel it try and make yourself angry about something so you forget about it. Jesus that hurt that was not the most painful physical thing I've done in shoes. Walking round the lake district in army boots was, but thank God for that, it taught me how to handle mind numbing pain. owwwwwwwww that was painful.

Last edited:
I'm averse to most ocassions of dressing up and things. I wasn't going to go to my graduation until my parents bought me a suit and insisted. They even got my hair done for me (which you can see on my public profile). I don't look like me.

Oh ouch! If it makes you feel anybetter I'm limping around tonight. My 7 yr old Grandson, goated me into climbing a tree. The trip up was fine, but comming down, I jumped right onto a little rock. Of course I was barefoot, and of course my heel landed right on the rock. Its in the process of turning a wonderful shade of purple.:eek:

I think the forum needs a podiatrist! :bugeye:

Kurdt said:
I'm averse to most ocassions of dressing up and things. I wasn't going to go to my graduation until my parents bought me a suit and insisted. They even got my hair done for me (which you can see on my public profile). I don't look like me.

Aye me too, I don't like dressing up but when your favourite cousin is getting hitched you have to.

When I graduate assuming I do, I'm wearing nowt but my pride; certainly not attending the graduation ceremony, probably more work than the degree? :smile: I'm a shy by nature, I don't even like looking in a mirror, it reminds me of how mortal I look :biggrin:

Congrats for graduating by the way, it's not easy and I hope you feel proud of yourself.

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
Congrats for graduating by the way, it's not easy and I hope you feel proud of yourself.

Cheers dude! I graduated last year anyway :-p Good luck with attaining your degree.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Walked home in new smart shoes, now have blisters on my feet, and blood leaking from my heals, and the worst thing is I could of just crashed at a friends house, but I didn't? Why? I'm wondering myself. Still no pain no gain :wink:
And I thought guys never wore shoes that damaged their feet? :rolleyes:

Here's a tip on pain, in order not to feel it try and make yourself angry about something so you forget about it.

I prefer just having another beer. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I think the forum needs a podiatrist! :bugeye:
And an ER. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
I broke a large piece of glass and placed the pieces into a garbage bag, a piece pierced the garbage bag and was sticking out and I walked too close and <SLASH>.
You were barefoot? Best to drop glass in brown paper bag and then put bag in plastic garbage back.

My next post will be when I carry the trash bag outside, forgetting about the jutting glass and slash my legs. (not that I haven't already done that) :redface:
Don't do that.

I would prefer that women not torture themselves, but rather wear comfortable footwear.

I don't understand high-heeled shoes. They look awkward, and most women look unstable when walking in high-heeled shoes.

I myself just can't see shoes as being cute. I would be curious though as to what shoes others would consider cute.

I'm averse to dressing up, and I prefer to go barefoot.

Astronuc said:
You were barefoot?
I was wearing thongs.
I myself just can't see shoes as being cute. I would be curious though as to what shoes others would consider cute.
Cute shoes.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 342
Evo said:
Cute shoes.
:smile: Definitely cute.

One never knows how handy a foot is until one runs a risk.

Remember, all, to label "glass" for the sanitation engineers!

Loren Booda said:
Remember, all, to label "glass" for the sanitation engineers!
Good suggestion!

Since I am moving, I've rented a dumpster and the bags are going in it, then a truck will pick it up and dump it all in the truck and crush it. No one will be picking up the individual bags. I just need to get everything into the dumpster without killing myself. :redface:

Moonbear said:
And I thought guys never wore shoes that damaged their feet? :rolleyes:

Brand new shoes, 4 mile walk, not good. Usually takes me an hour, took me an hour and a half.

two of the blisters of the 4 burst, 1 is still oozing pus and looks gross.

Needles to say I can't walk at more than about 1/2 a mile per hour :eek: I'll be off my feet for a couple of days I think.

Astronuc said:
In this case, they were just summer sandals, not much of a heel, and I thought I had fully broken them in already (I had worn them to work many days already without any sore feet), but they were not up for the task of a full day of walking around city streets. I didn't want to wear sneakers because it was hot, and they just make me hotter, so thought sandals would be more comfortable and lighter on my feet. I was wrong. :frown:

I'm averse to dressing up, and I prefer to go barefoot.
I like dressing up, but really do prefer going barefoot. The entire time I'm home, my shoes are off. Not practical for walking around dirty, crowded city sidewalks though, and they tend to frown if you try to walk into stores barefoot.

Moonbear said:
In this case, they were just summer sandals, not much of a heel, and I thought I had fully broken them in already (I had worn them to work many days already without any sore feet), but they were not up for the task of a full day of walking around city streets. I didn't want to wear sneakers because it was hot, and they just make me hotter, so thought sandals would be more comfortable and lighter on my feet. I was wrong. :frown:
Hey post a picture of your 'cute' shoes. :-p

I like dressing up, but really do prefer going barefoot. The entire time I'm home, my shoes are off. Not practical for walking around dirty, crowded city sidewalks though, and they tend to frown if you try to walk into stores barefoot.
:smile: I go barefoot when I walk at lunchtime. It does seem to bother some people, but at least they don't have to tell me that my shoelaces are untied. :biggrin: I don't go barefoot in shops though.

I also prefer to go running barefoot.

Related to Accidents Happen: Surviving a Cut Foot with Duct Tape

1. What is "Accidents Happen: Surviving a Cut Foot with Duct Tape"?

"Accidents Happen: Surviving a Cut Foot with Duct Tape" is a guide that teaches readers how to treat a cut foot using duct tape in emergency situations.

2. What are the benefits of using duct tape for a cut foot?

Using duct tape for a cut foot can provide immediate relief and protection from infection. It can also help to stop bleeding and keep the wound clean.

3. Is it safe to use duct tape on a cut foot?

Yes, it is generally safe to use duct tape on a cut foot as long as the wound is not deep and does not require stitches. However, it is important to clean the wound thoroughly before applying the duct tape and to monitor the wound for signs of infection.

4. Can duct tape replace medical treatment for a cut foot?

No, duct tape should only be used as a temporary solution for a cut foot in emergency situations. It is important to seek proper medical treatment as soon as possible to prevent further complications.

5. How do I properly use duct tape for a cut foot?

To use duct tape for a cut foot, first clean the wound thoroughly with soap and water. Then, dry the area and apply a layer of antibiotic ointment. Cut a piece of duct tape slightly larger than the wound and apply it directly over the wound, pressing down firmly to create a seal. Change the duct tape daily and monitor the wound for signs of infection.