ACS exams in inorganic and biochemistry. Anybody take them?

In summary, the speaker is preparing to take 4 standardized ACS chemistry exams in 2 months. They have bought official guides for physical and organic chemistry and are finding them helpful. They are nervous about the inorganic and biochemistry exams as there are no official guides available, but they are reading a textbook to prepare. They are seeking advice and tips from others who have taken these exams.
scorpion990
Hello everybody!

In about 2 months, I will be taking 4 of the standardized ACS chemistry exams (physical, organic, inorganic, and biochemistry). I bought the official guides for physical chemistry and organic chemistry, and they've been extremely helpful. I blew through the organic chemistry study guide in a few days, and it was quite easy. I'm still working through the physical chemistry study guide. It's challenging, but I'm sure I'll do well with enough studying.

I'm a little nervous for the inorganic and biochemistry exams, though. Official guides for these don't exist, so I feel a little lost as to what I should study. I'm reading all of Miessler's Inorganic textbook to prepare. However, I don't know what things I need to "memorize" and what things I need to understand.

Has anybody taken either of these ACS exams? If so, can you offer me any advice or tips? How many things questions were based on "memorization of data" rather than analysis of data that they provide? Thanks a lot, and sorry if this has already been addressed.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Anybody?

Related to ACS exams in inorganic and biochemistry. Anybody take them?

1. What topics are covered in the ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry?

The ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry cover a wide range of topics, including atomic structure, chemical bonding, acid-base chemistry, thermodynamics, and biochemical pathways. It is important to review all material covered in your respective courses to prepare for the exam.

2. How long is the ACS exam for inorganic and biochemistry?

The length of the ACS exam for inorganic and biochemistry varies depending on the specific exam. However, on average, the exam is around 3 hours long and typically consists of 70-100 multiple choice questions.

3. Are there any resources available to help prepare for the ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry?

Yes, there are a variety of resources available to help you prepare for the ACS exams. These include study guides, practice exams, and review sessions offered by your university or through the ACS website. It is also helpful to review your class notes and textbook materials.

4. Can I use a calculator on the ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry?

Yes, you are allowed to use a calculator on the ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry. However, it is important to note that only non-programmable calculators are allowed. Be sure to check with your professor or the ACS website for a list of approved calculators.

5. How are the ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry graded?

The ACS exams for inorganic and biochemistry are typically graded on a curve, with the average score being around 50-60%. This means that the final grade for the exam is based on how well you performed compared to your peers. However, the specific grading scale may vary depending on your university and professor.