Adding commas to Calculator (e.g. 100,000,000)

• Thread starter Keep_it_100
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary: Eg, 100,000,000Dot matrix Casios tend not to, 7-segment or 2-line Casios often do - the FX-85MS for instance.
Keep_it_100
Hello all,

Is there a function that can be used on a calculator to add a comma after each third number.

e.g. 100,000,000

It would help me read larger numbers quickly.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.

Which calculator?

DEvens said:
Welcome to the forum.

Which calculator?

Thanks for your reply.
Either:

1) TEXET - Albert3
2) CASIO - fx-83ES

Keep_it_100 said:
Thanks for your reply.
Either:

1) TEXET - Albert3
2) CASIO - fx-83ES
You can always read the manual.

TEXET - Albert3: http://www.texet.com/media/wysiwyg/downloads/manuals/ALBERT3SOLAR_M.pdf
CASIO - fx-83ES: http://support.casio.com/pdf/004/fx-82ES_83ES.etc_Eng.pdf

SteamKing said:
You can always read the manual.

TEXET - Albert3: http://www.texet.com/media/wysiwyg/downloads/manuals/ALBERT3SOLAR_M.pdf
CASIO - fx-83ES: http://support.casio.com/pdf/004/fx-82ES_83ES.etc_Eng.pdf

Thanks for the reply.

My Albert 3 looks different to that one. I think mine is newer. The layout is completely different.

Manuals look like jargon to me, is it possible to add a comma? Or does your calculator have to come like that?

Keep_it_100 said:
Thanks for the reply.

My Albert 3 looks different to that one. I think mine is newer. The layout is completely different.

Manuals look like jargon to me, is it possible to add a comma? Or does your calculator have to come like that?

I found how to change the display in each manual in about a minute each.

What are you going to do when you want to figure out how to do a more complicated task with your calculator?

SteamKing said:
I found how to change the display in each manual in about a minute each.

What are you going to do when you want to figure out how to do a more complicated task with your calculator?

Hmmm.

The first manual isn't for my calculator.

But, let's take the Casio fx-83ES for example. If it's true, that you found out how to display a comma after every third number - please type the solution on here. I also checked the manual and I couldn't find out how to do it.

If you're talking about the page which let's you specify if you'd like to use a comma instead of a decimal. That is not the solution to my problem.

Keep_it_100 said:
Hmmm.

The first manual isn't for my calculator.

That's funny. It matches the calculator model and make you typed in.

But, let's take the Casio fx-83ES for example. If it's true, that you found out how to display a comma after every third number - please type the solution on here. I also checked the manual and I couldn't find out how to do it.

If you're talking about the page which let's you specify if you'd like to use a comma instead of a decimal. That is not the solution to my problem.

Oops! I apologize. It appears this model calculator doesn't offer that feature.

SteamKing said:
That's funny. It matches the calculator model and make you typed in.
Oops! I apologize. It appears this model calculator doesn't offer that feature.

No worries,

Yes it's appears to be an older version of the Albert3 that I have.

This is the one I have:
51lbvD-oRJL._SY300_.jpg

Not this one:
53DF4CA5BF79455987A65E7C3A45A8B8.ashx?as=0&h=480&w=480.jpg

Can anyone recommend a decent scientific calculator, with the ability to add commas after each third number?

Keep_it_100 said:
Can anyone recommend a decent scientific calculator, with the ability to add commas after each third number?

MS Excel.

DEvens said:
MS Excel.

Excel is great! But I need a handheld calculator for tests.

So does anyone know of a handheld calculator which allows you to have commas after every third number?

Eg, 100,000,000

Dot matrix Casios tend not to, 7-segment or 2-line Casios often do - the FX-85MS for instance.

Related to Adding commas to Calculator (e.g. 100,000,000)

1. Why do we need to add commas to large numbers on a calculator?

Adding commas to large numbers on a calculator makes it easier to read and understand the number. It also helps to avoid confusion or errors when performing calculations.

2. What is the correct way to add commas to numbers on a calculator?

The correct way to add commas to numbers on a calculator is to place a comma after every third digit, starting from the right side of the number. For example, 100,000,000.

3. Can I add commas to any number on a calculator?

Yes, you can add commas to any number on a calculator, regardless of the number of digits. This is especially helpful for large numbers like millions or billions.

4. How do I add commas to numbers on a calculator that already have a decimal point?

In this case, you would add the commas to the whole number before the decimal point. For example, 1,234.56 would become 1,234 when adding commas.

5. Is there a shortcut or function on a calculator to automatically add commas to numbers?

Some calculators may have a function or shortcut that allows for automatic addition of commas to large numbers. However, it is always a good practice to manually add the commas to ensure accuracy.