Advice for my senior year of high school.

In summary, a high school senior seeks advice about their senior year. They have almost all the credits needed for graduation, are working towards an associates degree, and have a strong interest in mathematics and physics. They plan on taking AP Physics C and AP Chemistry, along with a full college schedule and extracurricular activities. They are unsure if this course load will be too much and are considering changes. They are also applying to several universities and military academies.
Domn
Hello everyone, I come to these forums from time to time, and I am glad to see a forum dedicated to academics such as you all are. If it wouldn't be too bothersome, I just wanted to see what advice I could get about my senior year of high school.

I am currently sitting with almost all my credits needed for graduating aside from a vocational class. I've been enrolled at a community college for the last year and am also half way completed half of the credits I need to obtain my associates of arts degree. I have a 3.36 college GPA, and a 3.55 high school GPA. Last year I placed into Pre-Calculus 1 and received a D+. I tested out of that class and self-studied Pre-Calculus 2 and tested into Calculus for my spring quarter. I ended last year and received a solid B in Calculus 1 but I know that I could have received an A if I focused more (stupid girl issues). Last year left me with a very strong love for mathematics despite my history in the subject. I also have a very strong interest in Physics but have yet to take a class in the subject. I am currently signed up for AP Physics C through a virtual high school program. I go to a small "country" high school so we don't have an in class version of the subject. The only person that teaches Physics doesn't teach honors or any of the AP physics courses and dislikes physics. I am very interested in the subject however, and have a passion for learning, but I also know that I have a tendency to get in over my head when it comes to schooling. Along with AP Physics C, I also plan to take another VHS course entitled: advanced topics in chemistry. This class explains that it will prepare me for the AP Chemistry test, but is labeled an honors course. I have little but general knowledge of chemistry. Along with these two high school courses I will be taking: Intro to Computer Science (Online), Intro to Philosophy, and Spanish 1 (Online), at my community college. I have one hour of classroom time scheduled at the college but the bus will keep me there for most of the day (I live sixty miles away from the college). As I get farther into the year, I will be taking Calculus 2 my winter quarter at the college, and Calculus 3 (multivariable) during the spring, along with the other class that I will need to get my AA by the time I graduate high school. I will only be at the high school about a half an hour out of the day after I return from the college, but will be there for several hours a day for the first month of high school (the college starts later), and for several hours on Mondays (no college classes on Monday). I also do sports during the fall and spring, am getting a math tutoring position at the college, FCCLA, and will be doing drama during the winter. I currently work at a hardware store but will be asking to only work weekends once college starts.

I am sorry for the wall of text, but do you guys think that "AP Chemistry", AP Physics C, my full college schedule, and my extracuriculars will be too much for someone to handle their senior year. I don't know what I am majoring in yet, but I know it will have something to do with mathematics, and I am currently applying to West Point, and plan on applying to Washington State University, University of Washington, Cornell, Whitman, and the Coast Guard Academy. I love the idea of a challenge, but I am not sure if this will be way over my head or not.

Physics news on Phys.org
I know that it is late to be making changes, but if you think I should make any changes, what would they be? Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Related to Advice for my senior year of high school.

1. How do I balance my workload during senior year?

Senior year can be a busy time with college applications, extracurricular activities, and school work. To balance your workload, make a schedule and prioritize your tasks. Set aside specific times for studying and completing assignments, and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. Also, don't forget to take breaks and make time for self-care.

2. What classes should I take in my senior year?

It's important to take classes that challenge you and align with your interests and future goals. Consider taking advanced courses in subjects you excel in, as well as electives that pique your curiosity. Consult with your guidance counselor and do some research on the colleges and majors you're interested in to determine which classes will best prepare you.

3. How can I stand out to colleges during my senior year?

Colleges look for well-rounded students, so continue to participate in extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and leadership roles. Additionally, maintain good grades and take challenging courses. Don't be afraid to showcase your unique talents and passions in your college applications.

4. How can I make the most of my senior year?

Senior year is your last chance to make memories and enjoy your high school experience. Take advantage of opportunities to bond with your classmates, such as senior trips or activities. Also, don't forget to thank and appreciate your teachers and mentors who have supported you throughout your high school journey.

5. When should I start applying for colleges?

It's recommended to start applying for colleges during the first semester of your senior year. This will give you enough time to research and visit different schools, complete applications and essays, and gather letters of recommendation. Make sure to check the specific deadlines for each college you're interested in to ensure you don't miss any important dates.