AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets

• C#
  • Thread starter Superposed_Cat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty the speaker is having with streaming live video over a socket in c#. They have been able to take and send pictures, but are unable to stream video. They believe the issue may be related to knowing the size of each frame before displaying it in a picture box. They ask for help or links and someone suggests adjusting the size of the picture box after the server receives the image.
Superposed_Cat
Hi, I have been able to take a picture and send it over a socket in c# using AForge, NetworkStream and sockets, but I am unable to stream live video over them. I keep altering my code (it's n00bish code albeit) but it won't work. I think it is because you would have to know the size of each frame server side before displaying it in a picturebox. Any help/links appreciated.

Technology news on Phys.org
Can you post some code on github?

Can you adjust the size of the picture box after the server receives the image but before you display it?

Last edited:
Do you have any code?

Try to update the picture box, pictureBox.Update()

FAQ: AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets

1. What is AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets?

AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets is a library of tools and functions that allow developers to easily stream webcam video over a network using the C# programming language. It is a popular choice for creating applications that require real-time video streaming.

2. How does AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets work?

AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets works by using a client-server architecture. The client sends a request to the server, which then retrieves the video stream from the webcam and sends it back to the client. The client then displays the video stream in real-time.

3. What are the benefits of using AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets?

One of the main benefits of using AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets is its ease of use. It provides a simple and efficient way to stream webcam video over a network without the need for complex coding. Additionally, it is a free and open-source library, making it accessible to a wide range of developers.

4. Are there any limitations to AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets?

One limitation of AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets is that it only supports streaming video from a single webcam. Additionally, it may not be suitable for high-quality video streaming as it is primarily designed for real-time applications.

5. How can I get started with AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets?

To get started with AForge.NET c# streaming webcam over sockets, you can download the library from its official website and follow the documentation and tutorials provided. It is recommended to have a basic understanding of C# programming and networking concepts before using this library.

Back